Missing Albums in database (1 Viewer)

tmacca

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 24, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is there a way to debug what happens during the database import?
    I have two albums that just will not appear in the database, no matter what I try
    I have several hundred albums working fine, I just have 2 that won't import
    The tracks play fine in WMP or VLC, so I dont think they are damaged in any way, and the tags are all OK, so I dont know what the problem is

Help!

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi tmacca :)

Not sure what detail is logged during database scan, but worth a try to redo the import and then attach your configuration.log file. Maybe one of the devs/testers can pick up something.
    Ensure you have UNTICKED the option to only scan new/changed files. Otherwise the logs might skip those albums.

Also give detail about the filenames and directory names.

tmacca

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks Rekenaar, after a full import the albums are now visible in the database

Just out of interest, if I do a 'only update new/changed files after xx/xx/xxxx', where does MP read the changed date in the actual file?

The two albums that wouldnt import must have had a date BEFORE the 'last changed' date, which is why they were skipped. However, they were only just ripped, so I dont know why the date ws wrong, or where MP reads the date from

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    it is the file created date (as shown in windows)

Is there anything odd about your files? Do you store them on a NAS or something? Does this have the wrong timezone or something? If you rip a file now does the created date in windows show the correct time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom