missing movie on import (1 Viewer)

akajester

Portal Pro
October 13, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hey guys, hope this is simple.

When importing movies I put in the same folder "Shrek", "Shrek 2" and "Shrek the Third". The first movie refuses to show up in the importer! I've tried renaming it "Shrek 1" and moving it to a different folder. It has made no difference. I do have the Importer set to prefer folder naming.

any suggestions?

Thanks!

-akajester

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hey guys, hope this is simple.

When importing movies I put in the same folder "Shrek", "Shrek 2" and "Shrek the Third". The first movie refuses to show up in the importer! I've tried renaming it "Shrek 1" and moving it to a different folder. It has made no difference. I do have the Importer set to prefer folder naming.

any suggestions?

Thanks!

-akajester

The movie might have been caught up as being part of one of the other movies.

"Shrek CD1.avi" and "Shrek CD2.avi" are bound together into 'Shrek'... if you have the setting enabled "group movies in the same folder", then this explains the behaviour even more.

Simply disable that group movies setting, go into your movie details, locate the Shrek movies that did get added, and then adjust the overview from movie details into file details (use the drop down arrow), and you will see that your "Shrek" got added as multipart to one of the others. Renaming after this has happened doesn't make a difference then, because it has already been grouped.

So use the gear icon and sent the movie back to the importer. This will ungroup them, rescan them, and because this time you have the group setting disabled, it will see them each as individual one. If not you can manually overrule it via the group/ungroup icon during import.

akajester

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    That was it! thank you! I'm still surprised that it thought "Shrek" and "Shrek the Third" were in the same folder. Sounds like a logic bug.

Thanks for your help!

-akajester

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    That was it! thank you! I'm still surprised that it thought "Shrek" and "Shrek the Third" were in the same folder. Sounds like a logic bug.

Thanks for your help!

-akajester

To avoid any confusion from the importer, add (tt......) to the filename (or inside simple NFO file), as in the IMDB id number, this will cause a 100% match to the right movie.

I still find it weird that it didn't work, perhaps you are using an older IMDB Scraper or something weird was going on.

Either way, glad u got it fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom