Missing movies and more (1 Viewer)

NTM

Portal Pro
January 16, 2007
I use Moving Pictures almost exclusively for playing my HD-DVD and Blu-ray films.
For HD DVD I use an external drive. I recently moved the HTPC so I started it and then Mediaportal before I connected the HD DVD drive again. I don't know if that was the problem or what but all my HD DVDs a gone from Moving Pictures :( So I have to import around 30 movies again. Is this a bug or what happend?

When I import movies they get their Swedish names if there is one. It is so annoying. How do I prevent it? I'm using a english version of Windows, I've configured Moving Pictures to get data in English but still it get the Swedish names.
And last why don't the list to the left with all the movies update if you change the name of a movie. You have to restart the conf GUI for that to happen.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    When I import movies they get their Swedish names if there is one. It is so annoying. How do I prevent it? I'm using a english version of Windows, I've configured Moving Pictures to get data in English but still it get the Swedish names.

This is because imdb.com in their sheer wisdom (lot of sarcasm intended there) decided that non-USA users of their website would prefer to see all the titles as much as possible in their native language. So it detects that you are from Sweden and will present you with Swedish titles.

For users in America (such as myself), they also decided it would be nice to use original titles as much as possible, so I finally had enough with their antics and wrote a scraper to overcome all of it. The result of this you can grab from:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...auto-rename-titles-group-more-v3-1-3-a-93838/

The scraper has a ton of other options as well, for example you could decide to have a movie such as Dead Snow (2009) to be imported as "Død snø", because it is a Norwegian movie and you might prefer the original title for Skandinavian productions. You can even configure the scraper to import the movie as "Dead Snow (Død snø)". All the other American and Foreign (think Asian, etc) produced movies will then still get the English title. If you have trouble figuring out how the scraper works with setting up all those options, let me know by replying to the scraper thread mentioned above and I'll help you there.

And last why don't the list to the left with all the movies update if you change the name of a movie. You have to restart the conf GUI for that to happen.

I believe this is a side-effect of the .NET Framework list control (the technical item used to show the list). This is why you have to deal with a delay when you start the config (only noticable when you have a large collection), because it has to populate that list amongst other items. Some fixes have been put into the code to fix things, such as that splashscreen delay by loading asynchrone, but there is a delay between those new code changes and them getting integrated into the version you can download. It is open source so you can always grab the source code and compile it yourself, or be patient a little bit longer. I'm not sure if those changes also fix the list update on title edits, but if you do end up giving IMDb+ Scraper a try, I don't think you will end up making many corrections afterwards to begin with. I even added in auto-rename support to group movies together, which is usually the main reason for manual title edits.

NTM

Portal Pro
    January 16, 2007
    Thanks for the help. I'll give IMDb+ Scraper a try. Now I just have to import all my HD-DVD's again :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom