Missing movies (1 Viewer)

c0redump

June 25, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

Me and my brother share a server with all our movies. Our MP machines both have a Network share to the movies folder on the server. We both have this path in our import paths at the movie importer and all other settings in Moving Pictures are the same. Nevertheless my version finds 103 movies(all) and his only 75...

We've tried everything. We even have the exact same Vista version from the same DVD, just to test if there was something wrong in his version. We both have a fresh install of MP rc 4 and the same skin and all. Hardware is slightly different, but should that matter?

Can someone please help is out of the dark here???

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hrmm, well it sounds like you two either have different versions of Moving Pictures, or are maybe using different import scripts (i.e. maybe one of you is using the moviemeter.nl script as primary, and the other IMDb?). This sounds a bit silly and obvious but just to cover our bases, maybe one of you went through and approved all matches that were not auto approved, and the other did not?

If it's not any of these things, if you post log files for each system I could try to help. You will need to delete your database for each system then rerun the importer for each one. Save off the log file and post it here.

gshipley

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2008
    Hi,

Me and my brother share a server with all our movies. Our MP machines both have a Network share to the movies folder on the server. We both have this path in our import paths at the movie importer and all other settings in Moving Pictures are the same. Nevertheless my version finds 103 movies(all) and his only 75...

You have probably already checked this but make sure you both have same file extensions setup. I recently had a problem where it was not picking up movies with a .ISO or .IMG when it would find .iso and .img files just fine.

c0redump

June 25, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I feel really stupid...I read about the problem with the upper case extensions, so I added .ISO and .IMG to the extensions list. Later my brother told me that he had never added the same extensions in lower case...So that's what was wrong...

It's a great plugin ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom