Missing Spinsafe 1080 XML Files (1 Viewer)

Hodge

Portal Member
September 25, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hey all,

I'm new the MyFilms plugin but, so far, I'm impressed with the possibilties. However, I can't seem to get it working for Spinsafe 1080. I'm using an 2.3 SVN version of MediaPortal and have installed MyFilms_SVN_v4.5.738.MPI. I made sure that the Spinsafe 1080 box was checked but the proper XML files, e.g., mesfilms.xml, etc., aren't getting installed in the Spinsafe skin directory. The files are installed for every other skin.

Could somebody please post the proper XML files for Spinsafe or at least explain how I can extract them from the MPI file, myself?

thanks,
Hodge

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi

It sounds like the developer of the MyFilms-Plugin has not created the XML-files for the Spinsafe-Skin, the prugin developers usually only create XML-files for the popular skins. This is because every skin will have its own XML-File layouts, and the developer will have to do a lot of work if he/she has to cater for every skin out there. You have a few options here:

1) Copy the XML-files from some of the Skins that work into the Spinsafe folder. The problem here is that the screens will probably not look right.
    2) Create your own XML-files, use the XML-files from one of the other skins and change them to fit with the Spinsafe-skin.
    3) Ask the Spinsafe developer to create the XML-Files for you.
    4) Ask the Myfilms developer to create the XML-Files for you.

Hodge

Portal Member
    September 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi, Geov, thanks for your reply,

Hi

It sounds like the developer of the MyFilms-Plugin has not created the XML-files for the Spinsafe-Skin, the prugin developers usually only create XML-files for the popular skins.

Normally, I 'd agree with you except that when I install MyFilms MPI, it specifically lists Spinsafe 1080 as one of the skin options to be installed. I think, instead, that my problem has something to do with my quirky HTPC that it's not installing the proper XML files. This is why I prefer ZIP files instead of MPI packages, BTW. I much prefer clicking and dragging files around.

Hopefully zebons could clear this up, because I really like this plugin when I'm using the BlueTwo Wide skin.

cheers,
    Hodge

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Normally, I 'd agree with you except that when I install MyFilms MPI, it specifically lists Spinsafe 1080 as one of the skin options to be installed.

When you install the MPI is the Spinsafe tick on automaticly? If not, and you have to select it manually, it means it is not supported.

I think, instead, that my problem has something to do with my quirky HTPC that it's not installing the proper XML files. This is why I prefer ZIP files instead of MPI packages, BTW. I much prefer clicking and dragging files around.

Then just re-install MediaPortal, then you will get the XML files....:D

Good luck sorting it out....

Hodge

Portal Member
    September 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Normally, I 'd agree with you except that when I install MyFilms MPI, it specifically lists Spinsafe 1080 as one of the skin options to be installed.

When you install the MPI is the Spinsafe tick on automaticly? If not, and you have to select it manually, it means it is not supported.

Yep, the MPI detects and checks off all of my skins, including Spinsafe 1080. Then it installs XML files for all of the skins EXCEPT Spinsafe 1080. Very puzzling.

I think, instead, that my problem has something to do with my quirky HTPC that it's not installing the proper XML files. This is why I prefer ZIP files instead of MPI packages, BTW. I much prefer clicking and dragging files around.

Then just re-install MediaPortal, then you will get the XML files....:D

Good luck sorting it out....
    Thanks. I'll probably try a re-install eventually, but I'm hoping somebody can confirm that the Spinsafe 1080 XML files actually exist, first.

Hodge

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom