mkv not working since 0.7 (1 Viewer)

Zinu

Portal Pro
February 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hello,

Ever since I upgraded to Moving pictures 0.7, I am not able to play mkv (HD) files anymore. When I click them to start watching, the screen turns black and nothing happens. All i can do is press stop on my remote and look further.

It doesn't freeze up or anything, it just refuses to play.

What could be causing this? I guess you people need logs, but how do I get them in this type of situation? MP doesn't crash or anything.

Thanks in advance,
Zinu.

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Always post logs. I learned that quick myself not long ago. Even if it doesn't crash the logs contain useful information.

Make sure to set log level to "debug" in MP config first, then run MP, try to duplicate the problem, and exit out. Then zip up the logs for mediaportal and movingpictures and post them here.

On a side note, most of my movies that aren't .iso are in mkv format and I haven't had problems in .70 or .71. Have you checked your codecs?

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well, yes, I forgot about that. I can play the files fine using Media Player Classic, but i just prefer the internal player and it always worked.
    @emph: I just tried that, didn't solve it :( Thanks though

Sticked to this post are the logs. Please review them :)

And uhh... not to be rude or anything, but while you're at it, could you also check the logs for this problem? :D

Thanks in advance.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Have you tried playing the same files that are failing, in MyVideos?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You seem quite conviced :) Will try later today, and report back here.

zack84a

Portal Member
    September 17, 2007
    Well, yes, I forgot about that. I can play the files fine using Media Player Classic, but i just prefer the internal player and it always worked.

This is a codec issue, use filmerit to diagnose any problems and fix (link in my sig), check any subtitle setting you may of changed.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-55/standalone-filters-mediaportal-saf-44614/

I can confirm using the standalone filters that mkv files work fine for me with all versions of moving pictures..

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Keep in mind that Media Player Classic uses internal codecs, MP/MovingPictures are using your system codecs.

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    yes, that's why Paranoid Delusion's solution seems so possible. Gonna try it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom