mkv vs. BluRay (SAF 5) (1 Viewer)

jazzor

Portal Member
October 8, 2006
Hi there!

I have a problem with mepo, an hope you guys could help me:

By using SAF 5 from Hoborg, I can watch my Bluray from inside mepo very smoothly. But some mkv don't work then.They even won't play right in Grapstudio. (See the attached file)
When installing a new version of the ffdshow-tryouts i can watch every mkv i have, but the BluRay playback keeps stuttering. Even jumping forwards and backwards doesn't help.

I'm using Mepo 1.1.0. final on a Win7x64 machine.
I hope you guys could help me.

Attachments

• district9.jpg
    district9.jpg
    533.7 KB

jazzor

Portal Member
October 8, 2006
Didn't help. I checked some mkvs against graphstudio and Mepo and some play, but others don't. Until before I wanted to update my saf, all played fine and very smooth.
I'm runnning ot of ideas. I checked the codec informations from the different mkv with VLC-Player. I don't see there any difference, that could explain, why some mkv are played and others don't.
Edit: No difference with or without matrowska splitter

Edit2: With the new ffdshow-tryou beta7_rev3154_20091209 mkv work perfectly, but bluray not. Hoborg, does that ffdshow version differ from yours, included in the latest SAF 5.00? Could that one be updated or merged?

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Didn't help. I checked some mkvs against graphstudio and Mepo and some play, but others don't. Until before I wanted to update my saf, all played fine and very smooth.
I'm runnning ot of ideas. I checked the codec informations from the different mkv with VLC-Player. I don't see there any difference, that could explain, why some mkv are played and others don't.
Edit: No difference with or without matrowska splitter

Edit2: With the new ffdshow-tryou beta7_rev3154_20091209 mkv work perfectly, but bluray not. Hoborg, does that ffdshow version differ from yours, included in the latest SAF 5.00? Could that one be updated or merged?

Try to disable DXVA - START-SAF - FFDShow DXVA decoder - uncheck h.264 and VC-1.

This will redirect h.264 decoding from FFDShow DXVA decoder to regular FFDShow.

If that helps, problem is your GPU - you can try older drivers too.

jazzor

Portal Member
October 8, 2006
If that helps, problem is your GPU - you can try older drivers too.

Strange thing, that helped. The mkv-Files aer played fine. Though the Bluray now stutters like the new ffdshow.

Just to clarify:Do you think my GPU has a problem with dxva? Is this a 'typical' ATI thing?
Thank you so far hoborg!

Edit: Could it be a x64 Problem?

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Strange thing, that helped. The mkv-Files aer played fine. Though the Bluray now stutters like the new ffdshow.

Just to clarify:Do you think my GPU has a problem with dxva?
Yes
Is this a 'typical' ATI thing?
No. All my GPUs are ATI based - i newer seen it before. Maybe your have damaged DXVA core? No idea...
Edit: Could it be a x64 Problem?
I doubt abou that.

Try older drivers, for example 9.5

jazzor

Portal Member
October 8, 2006
So, I tried some older drivers I started with 9.7 (was the first one to find) and went my way up to10.8. The problem is still there. But with the 'connect to remote graph' feature in graphstudio I saw that the bluray was played fine in Mepo using ffdshow dxva. I could deaktivate mkv in the dxva-ffdshow and keep vc on. But then I get a stuttering in my mkv. I am out of ideas. :-/

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
So, I tried some older drivers I started with 9.7 (was the first one to find) and went my way up to10.8. The problem is still there. But with the 'connect to remote graph' feature in graphstudio I saw that the bluray was played fine in Mepo using ffdshow dxva. I could deaktivate mkv in the dxva-ffdshow and keep vc on. But then I get a stuttering in my mkv. I am out of ideas. :-/

The stuttering may be issue of slow CPU. To decode FullHD you will need 3GHz+ CPU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom