[Mod] Text under icons in My Videos (1 Viewer)

bt86bt

Portal Pro
December 30, 2008
Lund
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Are you just like my using My Videos in MediaPortal for more than just full-length videos with imdb-information? Then this mod is for you. :D

The mod changes the Small Icon and Big Icon view by adding text under the icons and removes the DVD-cover with information in List-view. This is a mod of the original My Videos 1.6 with as minor changes as possible. Check the screenshots for how it looks like.

Below is the file you need to download for this mod. Version 1.6 backups included.

Thanks to pilehave and aj1405 for help with this mod.

(The original thread below)

Attachments

• 12-26-58.jpg
    12-26-58.jpg
    206.5 KB
  • 12-28-19.jpg
    12-28-19.jpg
    315.5 KB
  • 12-29-29.jpg
    12-29-29.jpg
    207.6 KB
  • Black & White 1080 My Videos - Text under icons + no DVD logo Mod.rar
    9 KB

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi, I am looking for a simple mod but don't know anything about how skins work.

I don't think I am the only one that use Moving Pictures for my movies and My Movies for all the random clips I have on my computer. Since music videos, videos I have made myself etc does not have any database (ie imdb) entry it does not att info.

With no info the small and big icon view becomes useless since they do not have any text under them. Is there any mod for My Vidoes that add text under icons so I can quickly browse through my clips?

When I use list view it takes long time if I have many files in a folder, so another alternativ would be A mod that list the files in two or three columns. Is it possible to make one?

I already have removed the DVD-cover picture and all the info which is useless in the right side of My Videos. I understand enough of the skinfile myvideo.xml that I think I could combine the two mods if someone gave me some help with the stuff in bold above.

You need to use these attributes in the thumbcontrol:

Code:
    <renderFocusText>yes</renderFocusText>
    <renderUnfocusText>yes</renderUnfocusText>

If you want to position the text you can use:

Code:
    <textXOff>10</textXOff>
    <textYOff>10</textYOff>

Your second wish is impossible :)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I do not use Black&White but i would start by looking in "myvideo.xml" and look for the facadecontrol. It may be included in a separate file.

bt86bt

Portal Pro
    December 30, 2008
    Lund
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It is not in myvideo.xml (there is no myvideos.xml in black&white).

A search of the skinfolder (including searching inside files etc) did not find any mention of facadecontrol or thumbnailcontrol.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    It is not in myvideo.xml (there is no myvideos.xml in black&white).

A search of the skinfolder (including searching inside files etc) did not find any mention of facadecontrol or thumbnailcontrol.

Well, myvideo.xml (i wrote myvideos.xml but it is without the "s") is the skin-file controlling the built-in "My Videos". It will not work without, so it IS there, trust me ;)

Open myvideo.xml and look for <include> files. If there are no <include> files, the the facadecontrol is in myvideo.xml.

bt86bt

Portal Pro
    December 30, 2008
    Lund
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I think I know what you are saying now :)

I noticed "<import>common.facade.video.xml</import>" now and inside that file <description>Thumbnail Panel</description><type>thumbnailpanel</type>.

I will now add the controls above that you mentioned (they are not already there) and see what happens...

Thanks so far :)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I think I know what you are saying now :)

I noticed "<import>common.facade.video.xml</import>" now and inside that file <description>Thumbnail Panel</description><type>thumbnailpanel</type>.

I will now add the controls above that you mentioned (they are not already there) and see what happens...

Thanks so far :)

Well, you hit the spot, so it should work :)

bt86bt

Portal Pro
    December 30, 2008
    Lund
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It worked!

The text is a bit too big, but I am gonna make some changes and then post a my vidoes mod here I think :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom