Completed Moderate cost HTPC/media server/HVAC controller (1 Viewer)

toddbailey

Portal Pro
April 25, 2006
Pac NorWet
I started with a lowly pIII system timeshiftingand archiving video via a ATI All in Wonder 8500 dv back in 1995 or so

How things have changed. The new system is a P4-Dual core, currently using a hauppg. pvr-250 to record sd video from Dish Network Satellite. Along the way I added X10/Insteon products to control HVAC, a 1 gig scsi raid 5, a 2 gig sata raid 6, 100 inch screen via a CRT projector and currently enjoy HDTV done right. I also stream multiple a/v channels through the house using Hauppg's MVP IP applienance. Future plans include direct HD recording from the recvr and perhaps a bit of showing off by having curtains open/close automatically, and before starting the main event, I might want to toss up a movie trailier, perhaps one or two of the more entertaining commericials sans super bowl, or maybe a 2 to 5 minute movie short. All done chosen at random by the htpc.
Ah technology can be so much fun at times.

Total cost (so far) well under $6000...

2hype

Portal Member
December 21, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
Do you have your media portal controling your X10/Insteon products?

"Future plans include direct HD recording from the recvr" - What do you need to do this.

drealit

Portal Pro
March 15, 2008
Wow that was a hell of a bump lol... probably the largest I've seen in all my forum browsing history! :eek: :eek: :eek: :D:D

edit: Can't tell if this is a bot or not lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom