modified Slideshow plugin (1 Viewer)

RaveDude

Portal Member
September 12, 2007
I modified the slideshow function of media portal, since it seemed to already have most of the features I need :)

R3
----
Changes:
lots of changes, here are the most important ones:
- Adds/changes JPEG comment marker
- if "c:\dontKeepBackups.txt" exists, backups of images are not kept when editing comment
- Date format fixed (was previously using wrong ExifExtractor.cs.)
- Added "edit comment"-string to strings_en.xml
- new class "MediaPortal.GUI.Pictures.JPEGCommentHandler"
- Slideshow first tries to show JPEG comment as comment, then EXIF comment, then filename(without extension)
- "Edit Comment" added to slideshow context menu
- Added new action ACTION_EDIT_JPEG_COMMENT=9991

Known bugs:
- If the comment is too long, it's not shown.
- Multiline comments don't work well (for example the shorter row is not centered).
- The current cursor is not perfect :)

See readme.txt in .zip for older changes.

The OSD shows exif info depending on what controls exist in the skin's slideshow.xml file. See the readme.txt for more info.

Comments / suggestions welcome.

Here is the .zip, installation instructions in readme.txt:
current version:
(attachment)

older versions:
slideshowMod-R2.1.ZIP
slideshowMod-R2.ZIP

Screenshot taken with sleepycol's slideshow.xml:

Attachments

• scrShot.jpg
    scrShot.jpg
    246.4 KB

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Sounds great. I was looking for exif comments osd for a long time. I will try it out later.

Thank you.

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

This sounds great. Is it possible to use this with the 4:3 skin? Ie could I copy the modified files to the 4:3 bluetwo skin folder? If so, which files are modified?

Cheers,

Colin

RaveDude

Portal Member
    September 12, 2007
    I quickly edited this slideshow.xml for 4:3 users. Create a copy of the original BlueTwo skin and replace slideshow.xml with this one.

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi,

Replaced the bluetwo slideshow.xml file with the one you provided above. When I press the info button (F3) when viewing a picture an OSD is displayed. However, only the file number was displayed. I looked inside the xml file and removed the rem'd comments <!-- but this still didnt allow any exif info to be displayed. The pictures definitely have exif info as i can see it in the info of windows explorer.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Colin

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi Rave,

Still nothing displayed even with the file you provided. The OSD is empty. Maybe I need to change another file apart from the slideshow.xml?

Should it display exif info with the slideshow.xml file as you provided? or do i need to edit it to get something displayed?

Cheers,
    Colin

RaveDude

Portal Member
    September 12, 2007
    The only edited file in the "BlueTwo Wide RD" skin is slideshow.xml, otherwise the skin is identical to the original "BlueTwo Wide".

The slideshow.xml I provided in the later post is basically the same but the positions and sizes of the controls have been modified for 4:3.

Did you copy the contents of the "bin" folder from slideshowMod-R2.ZIP to the mediaportal directory? Mainly the <mediaportal directory>\plugins\Windows\WindowPlugins.dll must be overwritten from the one from this .zip.

I am using an svn version from about a week ago and it works on that at least.

But the weird thing is that you don't see any info even when you choose properties from the context menu. That should work even without my mod. My mod only shows the same info on the osd..

I just realized my first post is a bit unclear... Someone might get the impression that the modified plugin is in the SVN.. I'll edit it a bit to make it more clear how to install the mod etc.. sorry about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom