monitor := standby && screen := startpage &&

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Talk' started by f0rmula, January 26, 2006.

1. f0rmula

f0rmula Portal Pro

General purpose nerd.
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is it possible to configure my hauppauge remote control to place the monitor in standby mode, turn the TV reception off, and take mediaportal back to the startup screen?

When I press the "off" button, I have no desire to actually turn off the PC, or exit media portal, just turn off the display and tuner..

I had imagined that windows wouldn't expose its API for power management, as it wouldn't want anything messing controlling it beneath it's feet, but I wasn't sure..

Thanks for any replies.

Oh, and I might add, thanks for all the development.. This is really turning into a superb product. I've used a number of PVRs before, and the quality and polish of MediaPortal is absolutely astounding for an open source project. I don't know if this is good project management, or just to good coding, but something is obviously working.. :)

EDIT: Gah.. Subject line was bizarrely truncated, without warning.. Odd.. Was supposed to be a little more descriptive :)

James

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mPod

mPod Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Nope, I'm afraid that's not possible at the moment.

But thanks for your kind lines. :lol:

4. f0rmula

f0rmula Portal Pro

General purpose nerd.
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    You're more than welcome..

Is it not possible for MediaPortal to put a monitor into standby mode, or is it not possible to perform multiple commands from a single remote press?

Just curious. I'm thinking possibly some kind of trivial macro "list of commands" that a single button can perform would be nice..

James

5. mPod

mPod Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Neither of them is possible at the moment...

6. dragongc

dragongc Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think that you can use external soft and some mix of MP plugins to do this.
    i.e.:
    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.html
    Grider
    and MyKeys plugin
    I need the same think cos my MP i also Internet Getway.

7. f0rmula

f0rmula Portal Pro

General purpose nerd.
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Superb!

That little app is brilliant! Lot's of little functions I can put in scripts. And also shows that Microsoft have exposed the power saving calls to user level apps. Kudos.

So from the earlier reply I'm assuming I also can't configure my remote in MediaPortal to spawn external processes. I did notice something along the line of a "Allow remote to be used by other applications" checkbox somewhere. If I could find another app to listen to the Hauppauge remote, and run batch files, then that's the problem solved! I could make the other app turn off the monitor, and the sound, and use myKeys to move the mediaportal screen back to "Home".

Does anyone know if such a thing exists?

James

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!