More Database Fields for EPG = "Season Pass" (1 Viewer)

Noelix

Portal Pro
February 18, 2006
Salt Lake City, UT
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Take a look at this post by Patrick:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showpost.php?p=89602&postcount=244

He's working on the zap2it plugin at the moment. He mentions how if he had more database fields in the EPG, such things equivalent to tivo's "season pass" could be accomplished. As a frequent user of MP, I would have to concur that a "season pass"-like option would be extremely useful. I am constantly having to adjust my tv scheduled recordings in order to get just the new episodes of a series, and not the reruns.

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I just posted in that forum.. basically saying that Patrick should talk to James the creator of the webepg plugin... There was talk of other day to expand the fields in the database to add a ton of stuff. James can be found on IRC.

shred444

Portal Pro
    May 13, 2006
    what if, instead of including a field from zap2it such as "originally aired date", mediaportal just looked in the recorded database before it begins and sees if it has already recorded the show with the same episode title? wouldnt this suffice as a season pass style recording?

Noelix

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2006
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    what if, instead of including a field from zap2it such as "originally aired date", mediaportal just looked in the recorded database before it begins and sees if it has already recorded the show with the same episode title? wouldnt this suffice as a season pass style recording?

Well it would work if you were recording the show from the very beginning... But if you've deleted the last 14 or so seasons of the Simpsons for example and don't want to get all the reruns that air 24/7 on syndicate channels, it might be a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom