More Details in the List in List Mode (1 Viewer)

vl002001

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Not sure if this is something you guys are working on already, but how about listing some additional info in list mode on the right side like in "my videos".. it just seems like right now there is way too much wasted space when you're going through list mode.

some suggestions off the top of my head for info would be file size/runtime/rating/genre/date modified/etc.
    if you wanna get really fancy, something that would let the user choose what details to show or sort by

great work guys, thanks!

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Well all data that is pulled from online is available in the list view (and every other view for that matter). So most of what you are describing is very possible, it's really just up to the skinner as to what is displayed in each view. Maybe you are referring to the generic skin though? In that case yes, we could perhaps make some changes to it, but really unless you are using a non-standard skin, you shouldn't be using the generic skin. It's meant as a fall back, only for skins that don't natively support Moving Pictures.

As for allowing the user to configure what should be displayed, I think it is unlikely that we will ever implement something like this. If the person designing the user interface (the skin) is not certain what data will be available for display it makes it very difficult to create a refined and specialized interface. The more unknowns there are the more generic the UI will feel, and I think ultimately what is displayed to the user should be up to the skinner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom