More flexibility in pre- and post-record settings (1 Viewer)

judolphin

Portal Member
August 31, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Started on: 2007-10-01
last update: 2007-10-01

Summary:
"Advanced Record" -- Pre- and post-record menus not configurable, available options don't work for sports.

Area:
Television\Recording\Settings

Description:
When going into Advanced Record, the pre- and post-record menus give options of 1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 minutes, and these values cannot be reconfigured. This is bad for sports. The average U.S. college football game, for example, has 3 hours scheduled. Many games last over four hours. Now, the only option is to record the next 3-4 programs to make sure I get the whole game. This means the game's broken into half-hour chunks with random titles.

These menus should either be configurable (similar to the "General\Skip Steps" configuration), or the options should be better: for example, 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5 min, 10 min, 15 min, 30 min, 1 hr, 1.5 hr, 2 hr, 2.5 hr, 3 hr.

When I say "better", don't be offended. IMHO, the current menu makes little sense. Is anyone THAT precise and accurate in predicting whether they need exactly 17 minutes, or 18 minutes of pre/post-recording to get their entire program?

Thanks for reading! :D

P.S. Outstanding job, MediaPortal community. I have neither HD nor surround sound, yet my friends all drool over my setup... simply because they're impressed by MP. Pat yourselves on the back, guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom