MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    FlashFXP Development Team
    Home Country
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC4
    MediaPortal Skin: Indigo & Blue3 wide
    Windows Version: Windows Vista

Well, after installing RC4 and finding out my movie database was gone, I was pretty happy....

So it reminded me of some bugs that appear to have never been resolved with the IMDB with AKA scan script.

Bugs:

1) There are still " characters appearing with movies. Ie Do a scan for 'Blue Murder' without the quotes or 'Deja Vu' without the quotes and you will see what I mean.

2) There are still movies that will not come up when you scan for them, although they are in the imdb data base. ie. 'Attack Force' will not show up at all, but, Attack Force (2006) (V)

3) If you have 2 parts to a movie... ie. blah - cd1.avi & blah - cd2.avi .. When the scan happens, it still asks for input for both parts of the same title. You only have to select one for it to work, but the second part is still there.

4) Script wont find anything with a - in it .. Ie. "The In-Laws" The In-Laws (2003/I) ... It cannot find the movie, no matter which combination you put the words.

Bug and/or Suggestion Depends on your point of view

5) Perhaps the script should go a little broader if it doesn't find a match. Ie. If you search for 'Gauntlet' it has no result, but if you search for 'The Gauntlet' then it does.... That doesn't make sense.

6) I just scanned about 450 files, with countless 'conflicts' and it is going to take me half an hour. Please either allow us to put the year in the title, so that it finds the match easier, or for the script to automatically select the most popular title and sort it out later on.

If you speak with gamejester, he has done quite alot of work with scritps and has previously resolved some of these issues in his own work.

Thank you again for your great product, it would be nice if we do a clean install it doesnt take hours :)

M

maysider2

yes....really messed algorithm, even so "soap opera" like american ninja it doesnt find

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Another bug:

I am also getting the description cut off after either a I or | in the imdb info... So sometimes 3/4 of the description of the movie is missing.

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Is it possible to get these bugs added to the current list so they are looked at ?

They are not suggestions... The system in Moving Pictures for obtaining movies, adding the library and maintaining it would be my suggestion.

However, the mentioned above are serious issues for the current (latest) release that need to be resolved, thanks.

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

Sorry I have not been around for a while, busy with work so no time for play at the moment.
    We did chat on PM a bit about this; I am not sure what the current state of the IMDB grabber script or who has been updating it, but if you want to go back to some of the old ones they are all in this thread.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/movie-info-grabbers-287/imdb-com-default-info-grabber-26098/index11.html

Trouble is the more accurate old scripts required my mods to the myVideos core which refined the matching process and made more use of the year if available in the title; so the old scripts will need to be moded slightly to work with the current version.

With the upcoming release of v1 it is not appropriate to make core changes at this time; lets wait until after (and when I have some free time) and I will re-introduce those changes.

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    Home Country
    I know we have spoken about this gamejester... and I understand your current situation.

I am just asking that it get put on the bug list, because there are multiple bugs with the scanning.

1) Getting stuck on either the | or I character when retrieving description/plot info
    2) Some movies not being found at all, when they are in the imdb database
    3) Asking for both parts of the movie as a conflict, CD1 CD2
    4, 5, 6, etc ) welll as per my first post....

Thanks again.

PS. I cannot find any scanner that does a great job such as your original version and/or moving pictures.

karlake

Portal Pro
    October 1, 2006
    Borås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    better logic

I also have a lot of problems with IMDB scan
    Some movies are very hard to find with the IMDB scan, e.g file "the.man.from.earth.divx.avi" is wrong but if you scan for "man from earth" you get "the man from earth" as a hit,,,, strange
    And for people not living in a english speaking country, we have the problem with translated movie names.

I've tested the Moving Picture plugin and noted that I got a minimum of "not found" movies. It even sorted out that "bilar" is the translation of Cars.

Why not borrow the scanning logic from moving picture,,,, or,,,, why not take out the whole my movies plugin and replace it with moving picture.

:D
    For all your hard work, just to make my tv so much better

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    Home Country
    I think the scanning system should be taken from Moving Pictures, but, I like the current layout/view options in the default, but the logic used in Moving Pictures and the graphical layout is so much easier to use.

The ability to see what is picked by default, change it if required and also given suggestions if there is conflicts is a great method.

Moving Pictures is coming along, but still has work to be done in the actual GUI. The scan/setup area is perfect, but in the actual plugin you cant even sort by another other than name, nor can you split your movies into 'shares' or folders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom