[More Info] All Cards Are Not Busy!! (1 Viewer)

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    TV-Server Version: SVN 15431
    MediaPortal Version: SVN 15430
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue Two
    Windows Version: XP Pro SP2
    CPU Type: AMD xp2500
    HDD: Seagate SATA 320gb
    Memory: 1GB DDR400
    Motherboard: Abit NF7-S2
    Motherboard Chipset: Nvidia Nforce
    Motherboard Bios: Pheonix
    Video Card: NVDIA FX5200
    Video Card Driver: Newish From Nvidia
    Sound Card: Nforce SoundStorm (Optical )
    Sound Card AC3: Nforce SoundStorm (Optical )
    Sound Card Driver: Latest From ABIT
    1. TV Card: Technisat SkyStar 2 Rev 2.6
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
    1. TV Card Driver: 4.4.3 Beta BDA
    2. TV Card: Technotrend Budget S1500 + CI Interface
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-S (in PESUDO DVB-T Mode)
    2. TV Card Driver: 4.4.10.18 BDA
    3. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR-150
    3. TV Card Type: Analog Hardware MPEG2
    3. TV Card Driver: 2.0.48.24227
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Nvidia Pure Video
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: Nvidia Pure Video
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: FTA + Irdeto Provider
    HTPC Case:
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote: MCE Remote + Keyboard
    TV: Panasonic QuintrixF 29" CRT
    TV - HTPC Connection: VGA (640x480)

Already Recoding TV1. Can't start timeshift of same channel. Channel is FTA. Log says "DvbS is tuned to different transponder" Rubbish! It's the same channel!!!!

Sorry a little bit frustrated! Please see TV log and screenshot.

Regards,
    mcraenz

:) :) :)

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Have you checked that all channels are mapped to the appropriate cards?
    Remember that when a card is unplugged or disabled it can lose the mapping configuration. I find the same thing if I unplug my USB tuner and plug it into a different port.

It's a pretty obvious thing, so forgive me if you have already checked that.

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    hmm yeah I don't think it's that. the reason I find it such a strange problem is that I'm already recoding the exact channel I'm trying to watch! :)

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ok More info. It seems that this problem occurs after renaming a channel.

Btw this is tested on clean install of tvserver + Database rebuilds etc.

Can anyone reproduce this?

1: Delete Channels
    2: Scan for channels (Find "TV One")
    3: Start recording "TV One" from MediaPortal Local or network client.
    4: In manual control (or another MP client) Start Timeshifting "TV One"
    5: Observe results: Recording and Timeshifting on the same card everything is ok See Log "Before Rename"

Now here is where it goes pear shaped:

1: In channel properties rename "TV One" to "TV1"
    2: Restart the TV Server and MP Clients
    3: Start recording "TV1" from MediaPortal Local or network client.
    4: In manual control (or another MP client) Start Timeshifting "TV1"
    5: Observe results: Recording of TV1 is ok BUT Failed to start timeshifting no free cards!

*EDIT*

Noticed also that this only happens with my SS2 DVB-S card not with my technotrend DVB-S card (in DVB-T Mode)

exe222

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry for digging up this old thread.
    Just wanted to put one more not in here.

I have the same issue. And it happend first time right after I did a new scan and accidently renamed a channel (edit channel...).
    Apparently the MP tv server does not like this. Using MP1.3 btw.

A clean install of the tv server should do it. I will test this today.

Last edited:

htpc_1

December 7, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I was getting all cards are busy, this is due to timeshifting or epg grabbing, also no pmt found, or error on cards trying to tune, the reason that I looked into this was sometimes or a lot of the time I was finding that when I started a client I would get a blank black screen when tuning a channel or sometimes jittery playback. I knew that this was not my wireless connection because sometimes I could stream three channels over wireless fine. Please do not re-install mediaportal or try and repair the database, this does not seem to do anything and you will have the same problem. The workaround that I have found is to go into tv server config and go into test channels, test all channels and run continuous where you will get the responses of all cards are busy, no pmt found or error, keep running the test for a couple of minutes, if channels do not come up ok, go into manual control and stop service, then restart service. Then repeat test channels again and run until you get a response from channels coming up ok, then stop testing. Then go to your clients and behold, your cards will be free again and all channels will work. I have a dual tuner card and both cards are then always free. The process only takes about 5 minutes and saves a lot of time troubleshooting. Also because I run the server 24/7, I have the powersheduler addin and ep grabbing at 3 in the morning and I have unchecked grabbing at idle and all the others, but this shouldn't be necessary for the workaround to work because the cards still seem to get busy anyway even when they are shown as idle. Good luck, it works for me.

htpc_1

December 7, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Just to add to my previous post, I seemed to break it by only epg grabbing at 3am with powerscheduler. I then enabled grab epg when idle and it seemed to work again, good luck!

htpc_1

December 7, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ok, I am posting again, hopefully it will help out some of you guys with the all cards are busy problem. Two things I have done so far to try and help the problem. #1: I have avermedia twinstar dual tuner, I have disabled the priority tuner from epg grabbing, this has somewhat left one tuner free most of the time and only once so far I have experienced the following #2: the tuned program would jitter when supposedly using the priority tuner without epg grabbing, to resolve this problem I stopped the tv service manually in windows services, safely removed hardware the tv tuner, then replugged the tuner and restarted the tv service, this seemed the only way to get it going properly so far, I have successfully watched a channel and recorded another on a different mux, it has been ok for a few days so that is acceptable solution for that, my tv server is going 24x7. I would suggest definitely NOT to reinstall mediaportal for this problem, try these fixes first because it could be exactly as I described and a problem with the tuner itself or / mediaportal compatibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom