Motherboard blinking light (1 Viewer)

FantaXP7

Portal Pro
February 3, 2009
Hello,

So I just got the final pieces for my htpc, after all the planning and pre-configuring, after all the painstaking hours of waiting for shipping, after all that I was ready to go! I put together everything, took my time and checked everything twice. When it came time to power it up, I got a blinking light (power I believe) on the motherboard...

Huge buzz kill. I read somewhere online that it may be a USB issue related to the power supply and possibly the motherboard. I didn't quite understand what they were talking about, but I ripped everything out and connected the motherboard only to the power supply. Thankfully it worked. I put in a few other connectors like SATA and it worked. Next test, I powered the pc off and connected some USB devices and it did not work, same blinking light...

I am not sure where to go from here. When I turn the pc on without any USB connected I can connect them later and all is working fine. By the way my motherboard is a Asus P5N7A-VM.

Anyone have an idea about what's going on here?

Thanks

FantaXP7

Portal Pro
February 3, 2009
An update on this, I just bought a new power supply and replaced the already new one that came in my htpc case. Glad to say that it fixed my blinking light on my motherboard. Hopefully this can help someone else in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom