Motherboard: mtx with onboard video (w/ tv-out) (1 Viewer)

r8td

Portal Pro
June 16, 2006
I currently have a HTPC up and running for about a year now, but its build from old parts and feeling its age. I'm looking to upgrade, but my hardest part is finding a mtx motherboard w/ tv-out. I don't have a HD-TV yet so I want to be able to connect it through a simple RCA cable for now. Does anyone have any suggestions, that I can look into. Thanks

Evan

JonasIL

Portal Member
April 29, 2007
Home Country
Israel Israel
I guess it depends on which CPU and socket you are going for. I am building a HTPC using the AMD AM2 socket, and one of the recommended mATX motherboards for an HTPC build with that configuration is the ASUS M2NPV-VM.

Jonas.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    ^^What he said.

Also, Gigabyte is introducing a model based on same chip (690G) w/s-video and HDMI - bu not on a bracket, I believe.

The MSI-model(s) only have internal TV-out.

- Both models above have superior on board sound.

Sapphire is rare here (up North), but this would be my choice - if I could get one.

JonJon

Portal Member
    April 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Sorry to hijack but had a quick question is the only difference between the Asus M2A-VM HDMI and the Asus M2A-VM the HD front panel or is there a performance difference?

Tech Geek

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2006
    Denver, CO USA
    What good is HDMI if the video processor is too slow to display HDTV properly?

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/432

I'm not saying it won't... but I have my doubts from what I see in the article. I have the older ATi chipset in the machine I'm typing this on and the X1300 cards I have stomp on this motherboard but still have HDTV issues. For standard def I'm sure it's fine. For HDTV, if it's going to work the CPU is going to have to do the processing and it will need to be a fast.
    Just my opinion.

kiesow

Portal Pro
    March 19, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry to hijack but had a quick question is the only difference between the Asus M2A-VM HDMI and the Asus M2A-VM the HD front panel or is there a performance difference?

The HDMI has also Firewire, the non-HDMI hasn't, because it's sitting on the front panel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom