Mount and play dvd (.iso): two players are opened (1 Viewer)

T!M

June 8, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my Mediaportal 1.1.0. When I want to play a .iso/.nrg DVD video (mounted by daemon tools lite v4.35 - automount off), it opens the internal player, but also Windows Media Player on the background. The movie is played twice, simultaneously (at the same time). I can control the internal player with my remote control, but not Windows Media Player, because it's running on the background.

When I use an external player (that's an option in the configuration menu: DVD discs/Images players), for instance VLC player, it opens VLC player AND Windows Media Player at the same time and plays two movies simultaneosly.

Can anybody help and fix the problem for me?

Thanks in advance!

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You probably have Autoplay on in Windows. When Deamon Tools mounts the .iso file, Windows discovers a new disc in the drive and starts its autoplay feature. Your settings seems to be play DVD directly with Media Player. Right-click on the deamon tools drive in windows explorer, select properties and go the autoplay tab. Select DVD and then No Action. Then it should stop.

T!M

June 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for your reaction, but the autoplay feature is and was OFF. So that can't be the problem!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom