Mount and play dvd (.iso): two players are opened (1 Viewer)

T!M

June 8, 2008
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my Mediaportal 1.1.0. When I want to play a .iso/.nrg DVD video (mounted by daemon tools lite v4.35 - automount off), it opens the internal player, but also Windows Media Player on the background. The movie is played twice, simultaneously (at the same time). I can control the internal player with my remote control, but not Windows Media Player, because it's running on the background.

When I use an external player (that's an option in the configuration menu: DVD discs/Images players), for instance VLC player, it opens VLC player AND Windows Media Player at the same time and plays two movies simultaneosly.

Can anybody help and fix the problem for me?

Thanks in advance!

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    You probably have Autoplay on in Windows. When Deamon Tools mounts the .iso file, Windows discovers a new disc in the drive and starts its autoplay feature. Your settings seems to be play DVD directly with Media Player. Right-click on the deamon tools drive in windows explorer, select properties and go the autoplay tab. Select DVD and then No Action. Then it should stop.

T!M

June 8, 2008
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for your reaction, but the autoplay feature is and was OFF. So that can't be the problem!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    M [solved] WTV Files does not play on client, MPEG files works well General 1
    A [solved] How to Play All Videos in a List watch/edit Videos 3
    horned_reaper [solved] When playing music Fanart does not shuffle Fanart Handler 20
    horned_reaper [solved] No Fanart when playing Fanart Handler 115
    horned_reaper [solved] When playing music Fanart does not appear immediately after downloading Fanart Handler 272
    B MP 2.2.3 Error playing videos from NAS Submit: Bug Reports 2
    N Play a TV recording needs a double selection - twice ok on remote Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 2
    M MP 2.2.3 Unable to play .ts recordings and MediaPortal stops working for TV viewing General 31
    Z Error when attempting to play Blu Ray General 1
    Rob Hexenmeister Playing with hyperlinkParameter and List Control indexes General Support 2
    C Problem playing videos created on IPhone X and Samsung S9 General Support 2
    2BitSculptor MP 1.23.. music stops playing General Support 6
    C Attempt to play DVD locks up MediaPortal watch/edit Videos 0
    H Unable to play stream - again... Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 2
    B Suddenly MP is unable to play anything Watch / Listen Media 6
    Edwardfc [solved] Mp 2.2.1 Configuration Issues - Goes to Sleep while playing Music General 6
    M After a while Live TV or Recorded TV doesn't play first time General Support 9
    L [solved] MP2 doesnt play anything - player missing? General 1
    badboyxx MP 1.22 final is crashing when jumping forward while playing DVD-Iso watch/edit Videos 26
    S [solved] Live TV playing stopped General 13
    Ralph Holmes [solved] MP2.2.1 can't play TV General 10
    T [solved] "Unable To Play" (Videos) rears it's head again. Logs not possible... WatchDog error attached!! :( General Support 1
    Terra Videos do not start playing on first attempt, always have to press play twice General Support 9
    G [fixed] [MP2-786] Party Music Player can only play playlists with less than 1000 items 2.2 Archive 7
    P [solved] TV server no longer saving to NAS - (can still play from NAS) General Support 2