Mount/play DVD ISO > 4GB? (1 Viewer)

mtutty

January 6, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I've got a few ISO images that mount and play just fine within MP. However, I've got a new one that's large (~5.8GB). It mounts fine in DAEMON tools and plays fine using, e.g., PowerDVD, but doesn't work in MP.

ISO shows up in My Videos in MP, and I can click it. It seems to mount properly, because I get the auto-play prompt within MP. Then I get a status dialog with a floodbar. The dialog hangs on for a few seconds (maybe 5 at the most), then I'm back at the My Videos page with no movie, no message. Before and after doing this, I can click on another ISO and it fires right up, so I'm pretty convinced it's something about this image.

Any ideas?

MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3
Windows Version: WinXP SP2
CPU Type: Athlon 1800
1. TV Card: HVR-1600

PS - I ran GB-PVR for about 3 years. Found the 0.2.3 release of MP and have not looked back. It's really top-notch.

finrudd341

Portal Pro
February 24, 2008
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
Hi Mtutty,

I don've have an answer for you I'm afraid, but wanted an opinion please. I am looking at the best way of storing my DVD collection on my HDD, and have been thinking about ISO images - assuming there will be a fix for file sizes over 4GB, what do you think of this method, rather than converting all into MPEG? Before I set off on my labour of love converting all the DVD library I have, I am trying to get a feel for what the best and preferred solutions are!

:D

jon

March 8, 2008
i have the same problem with a iso thats ~7gb. mounts fine with deamons tools lite and plays fine in windows media player. But in MP i get dvd menus in wrong language. navigation buttons do not work in dvd munus. the film starts playing in the wrong place, and ffw + fbw is sorta unresponsive. It displays the rewind 2x osd but you cant change the speed or go back to play.

Is this a known problem that has been fixed?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Don't use them myself.

But try turning DXVA on\off under DVD settings, also under filter settings disable VMR9 exclusive mode.

Try svn 18080 as that is the latest one that works fine for me with videos. (hopefully fixed in todays release but have not tried it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom