Mounting iso image w/ Daemon tools freezes MP when mouting another already playing (1 Viewer)

elefante72

August 28, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
MediaPortal Skin: bluetoo wide
Windows Version: windows xp pro sp3, vista 32 sp 2
CPU Type: amd athlon 5050e, lima
HDD: 500 gb
Memory: 2gb
Motherboard: amd 785g
Video Card: hd4200
Video Card Driver: catalysi 9.8
Sound Card: alc 883
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: gigabyte realtek
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: cyberlink
MPEG2 Audio Codec: mp3filter
h.264 Video Codec: mpc-hc
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply: 300 watts
Remote: hid keyboard emu
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection: hdmi

Hi, My wife seems to have encountered a problem in 1.0.2 and I can faithfully reproduce 100% using the following combos:

1. clonedvd or daemon tools
2. mp 1.0.2 on win xp pro sp3, vista sp2 (32bit), windows 7 ultimate

What happens:

I mount an iso image (or nrg), and it plays perfectly 100% of the time, and if I hit the stop button it works fine if I want to watch another movie, however if I am playing a DVD mounted iso/nrg and hit the escape key (the movie still plays in the bottom left) and go to browse the files and select another iso or nrg image (while the first is playing), the MP engine freezes. It seems to unmount, and I see (using daemon) the mounting image popup, however it never mounts and then 3-4 seconds later ac3filter errors and says there is no mounted image. If I pause before I choose another image it works about 50% of the time (50% successfully mounts new image, 50% freezes)

I minimized the viewscape, and there was no mounted image in my f: (virtual) drive at all. no previous or newly requested image. I tried this with ac3filter on and off, and the same happens. This is reproducible w/ 3 OS and 2 ISO mounting software, so I tend to think it may be a possible bug.

Note: My iso/nrg images are being served from network drives (SMBFS). My link is gig throughout and I can get 60-70 MB/sec so throughput is not an issue. File server opensuse 11.1, samba. This file server never has issues, and has been perfectly stable for 3+ years. I have also experimentally tried this on Win 7 OEM (I am an OEM), and the same occurs.

moab

Portal Pro
April 22, 2008
California
Home Country
Similar issue with 1.0.2 on XPsp3 OS.
I am down grading this weekend to 1.0 as that version worked great.

moab

Portal Pro
April 22, 2008
California
Home Country
Things have gotten better on my rig.
Not sure what helped.
I will say that the iso mount and unmount is slow.
I should probably be using the VOB format instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom