Mouse Focus Issue (1 Viewer)

glenb83

Portal Pro
April 24, 2009
Home Country
Hi,

I have what I hope is an easy issue to fix. When I am playing movies/dvds etc in media portal 1.0.0.0 on winxp, the mouse cursor stays on the screen and I have to move it off to the side. Is there a way I can set the mouse pointer to auto-hide during video playback?

Thanks

thorcyar

Portal Member
January 15, 2009
exact same thing here on mediaportal 1.0.1

tried to kill any process that could cause this with no luck :/
(win vista x64 ... is this the problem ?)

desc

Portal Member
May 30, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I've got the same problem using MP v1.0.1.0 on WinXP SP3 (32Bit).
MP starts up, fullscreen, with windows but the mouse pointer is bang smack in the middle of the screen and it stays there unless I manually move it :/

glenb83

Portal Pro
April 24, 2009
Home Country
I recently upgraded to 1.0.1.0, but still have the sam eproblem. Has anyone found a solution yet?

Webcomber

Portal Member
January 5, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Mouse not auto-hiding

Same here, XP SP3, MP 1.0.1.0, BlueWide3, full screen.

Often after waking from Sleep I also have the mouse pointer somehere on top of MP. It will remain there regardless what menu or video I play.
I use the MS remote to control MP.
Pushing the mouse makes no difference.
I have to CLICK the mouse, somewhere on the MP screen, and when I next use the remote the mouse pointer will correctly hide, and stay hidden.

I thought it was a kind of focus issue, but selecting MP Always on top does not help here (on top does not equal in focus), and besides I have more remote control issues with MP always on top, so I switched that option off.

To me it looks like an issue that MP is not in focus but still is receiving the Remote commands, making it look like it is in focus.

I do occasionally control MP with the mouse, so I do not like to use previously suggested tools to hide it completely, or move it to a corner of the screen and I doubt that would work over succesive Sleeps.

What do you think? Any tool or option to re-focus MP after Sleep or when receiving a or any Remote key press?
Any experiments I can help you do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom