• Total voters

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I am speaking of the feature, where you put your mouse below or above the middle menu item, to be able to scroll through the main menu. In my opinion, this is the most irritating feature of MediaPortal. A dev stated somewhere, that this feature is there, because some people needed it that way. I'd like to ask why anyone would want a scrolling feature like that?
    • If you have a Mouse as an input device, you could just point and click the menu item.
    • If you have a Keyboard as an input device, you use the arrow keys to navigate through the menu anyway
    • If you have a Remote, you also use the arrow keys to navigate
    • If you have a Touchscreen, you could also just point and click

Granted, you can use the Mouse Wheel to scroll through the menu, instead of positioning the cursor above or below the middle item. But it still is an annoyance to actually have to put the cursor in that area in order to scroll through the menu, instead of pointing the cursor wherever you want.

Isn't this feature also breaking touchscreen support? How do you scroll up and down the menu with a touchscreen, without accidentally clicking a menu item? What are the advantages of this feature and do they outweigh the annoyances?

Deusxmachina

Portal Member
    August 19, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am speaking of the feature, where you put your mouse below or above the middle menu item, to be able to scroll through the main menu. In my opinion, this is the most irritating feature of MediaPortal.

You mean it's that way On Purpose!? :D

Scroll the menu or don't scroll the menu, doesn't matter much to me. I just don't understand why the scrolling is so touchy. Kind of makes me feel like MP has a built-in sobriety test, because there's no way someone is using that menu easily if they've been drinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom