Mouse Support in Media Portal? (1 Viewer)

blackheart42

Portal Pro
October 13, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2.0 (2006-12-21)
MediaPortal Skin: mce1280x720
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPA Decoder Filter
Video Codec: MPV Decoder Filter
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Memory: 511 MB
Motherboard: MS-7191 (MSI)
TV Card Model: Hauppauge PVR-250
TV Card Type: Hardware
TV Card Driver: pvr250_driver_118_23257
Video Card Model: Radeon X300/x550 Series (128 MB)
Video Card Driver: 6.12
Video Card Resolution: 1088x612
TV: Hitachi 51F500
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI
Audio Card Model: Realtek High Definition Audio
Audio Card Driver: 5.10.0.5172
Remote: none
Synopsis::

I use a mouse to control Media Portal. Versions newer than 2.0.0 don't have onscreen buttons for mouse-only control of video or TV. I've tried various skins. Pressing the 'Y' key brings up the controls, but I don't want to use the keyboard. V2.0.0 shows the controls when you move the mouse to the bottom of the screen. Is there an option switch I'm missing, or has this capability been removed?

Thanks for any help.

dcwp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2006
    Astana
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I still use my mouse on occasion and the controls are there. Move the mouse to the *top* of the screen and you should see what you're looking for.

If you have an extra button on your mouse you could also try using a key mapping program to make it act like the 'y' key. I used AutoHotKey (http://www.download.com/AutoHotkey/3000-2094_4-10614878.html?tag=lst-0-1) to control my HTPC before I had MediaPortal and a remote. It took a little tweaking, but was quite simple.

good luck

blackheart42

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I still use my mouse on occasion and the controls are there. Move the mouse to the *top* of the screen and you should see what you're looking for.

If you have an extra button on your mouse you could also try using a key mapping program to make it act like the 'y' key. I used AutoHotKey (http://www.download.com/AutoHotkey/3000-2094_4-10614878.html?tag=lst-0-1) to control my HTPC before I had MediaPortal and a remote. It took a little tweaking, but was quite simple.

good luck

That sounds like the Topbar plugin. For me, it works in every screen except the live video screens. I've moved the mouse to every corner and edge, pushed every button, and used every bad word I know - with no result. :mad:

Unfortunately, I don't have any extra mouse buttons to play with mapping options.

Blackheart

blackheart42

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Okay, one problem solved - only 86,000 to go! I thought that I had tried all the mouse buttons. I forgot that there was a button under the scroll wheel. Pushing on the scroll wheel brings up the controls.

However, I've found that there are no scroll bars in the TV Guide which means I can't navigate around. The appropriate controls are listed in mytvguide.xml just like they are in V2.0.0, but they don't work. And yes, I did try pushing on the scroll wheel.

Any ideas?

Blackheart

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    the new Blue Two video OSD onl hs play and pause for the controls. The earlier versions had all the buttons in the OSD but I guess they were removed for a more streamlined look.

If you want those back, just copy the relevan OSD xmls from an old backup (or even just download an old version and install to a temp place).
    for example TVOSD.xml will restore the earlier TV OSD that you used to have.

surfermc

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2006
    Dorset
    Home Country
    England England
    However, I've found that there are no scroll bars in the TV Guide which means I can't navigate around. The appropriate controls are listed in mytvguide.xml just like they are in V2.0.0, but they don't work. And yes, I did try pushing on the scroll wheel.

Any ideas?

Blackheart

In MP Setup > General Settings there is a option "Show special mouse controls". I thought this switched on and off the scrolll bars in the TV Guide

blackheart42

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    In MP Setup > General Settings there is a option "Show special mouse controls". I thought this switched on and off the scrolll bars in the TV Guide

:D That gave me back the scroll bars and the OSD in the live video screens. There are so many options in Media Portal that I missed this one - it even listed scrollbars in the description.

There are still a few places where mouse control isn't possible, but I'll find them all before posting.

Thanks again to everyone for their help.

Blackheart

windoze kill

Portal Member
    October 18, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Home Country
    I have a similar problem with my setup. I have all the control buttons when watching live TV but when watch recorded shows the only controls I have it play and pause. This is where I would have expected to have fast forward and rewind not on live TV.

ivars

Portal Member
    October 20, 2006
    Launceston
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have been using a mouse for ages but the only skin that provides proper mouse controls as far as I can see is Monochrome. Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom