Mousepointer never autohides (1 Viewer)

xmats

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    When playing video or TV, the mouse-pointer remains on screen at all times, and does not fade like on earlier versions.

Cursor can be moved around and will interact with UI, but does not fade out.
    MP is run in fullscreen (set as default) and is started by clicking desktop icon.

TV-Server Version: N/A
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.0 RC3
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue 3
    Windows Version: XP Pro SP3 + all hotfixes
    CPU Type: Interl C2D E6600
    HDD: Maxtor SATA 200+GB free
    Memory: 4GB DDR2/800 (Windows adresses 2,88GB)
    Motherboard: Asus P5B
    Video Card: MSI NX7600GT (Nvidia 7600GT)
    Video Card Driver: 6.14.11.7813 (Latest MS-certified thru Windows Update)
    Sound Card: Integrated
    Sound Card AC3: N/A
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Hauppage PVR-150
    1. TV Card Type: Analog
    1. TV Card Driver: 2.0.48.24227
    Remote: Hauppage

johnzered

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hello,

I have the same problem, once you've touched the mouse so the cursor becomes visible it never goes away.
    For me it doesn't matter if TV/Video is on/off same behaviour.

This is new for me for RC3 so I started to think if I have done something different now when still on RC2 and I came to think about that I changed from VMR9 to EVR because I read somewhere that it will become the default when your OS is Vista.
    So I tried with VMR9 instead and then the cursor goes away as it has always done. As this only occurs with EVR and I started to use EVR first with RC3 I can't tell if this is new to RC3 or not.

//johnzered

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This one is a real toughie to pinpoint, i have had the same, then do a reinstall and its gone, as it has at the moment on both xp and vista.

The trigger for this happening may take a while to crack, so be patient guy's.

:D

VisualDigits

Portal Member
    June 6, 2008
    Near Kiel
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,
    I can also reproduce this on my machine with Windows XP and WMR9
    Regards

[edit]
    Now I tested this out in some different plugins (movies, mp tvseries, tv) and cannot reproduce this any longer here. It must have been a single incident. So just ignore this post ;)

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This has been raised in the past:
    0001443: EVR: mouse cursor is not hidden after accesing a context menu in fullscreen - MediaPortal Bugtracker

Was supposed fixed by a MS patch. FIX: The video application crashes when you play a video if five or more monitors are attached to the computer

I applied the patch but it didn't help, after doing a full rebuild of my (vista32) system the problem went away (I was using the same MP build as before the windows rebuild); hasn't returned (yet!) with RC3.

It seems like a windows issue, maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom