[Videos] Move pause bar? (1 Viewer)

merzbow

Portal Member
July 19, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
(This is with the alpha). I have a plasma TV sensitive to burn-in, and I watch mkv movies with black bars on top and bottom pretty much exclusively. When I pause the movie, the pause bar appears at the bottom over the bottom black bar. When I resume, I get annoying burn-in from the pause bar for a short while. Is there any way to customize the location of the pause bar? Ideally I'd like to place it in the middle so that any burn-in is minimized.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    You can move the OSD inside MediaPortal in the screen setup area (not in the Config-program, but in MediaPortal itself). You can also edit the XML-files to fit the position to your needs.

But why not just use the screensaver in MediaPortal? I have a plasma and has set it to blank the screen after 120 seconds.

merzbow

Portal Member
    July 19, 2009
    Home Country
    You can move the OSD inside MediaPortal in the screen setup area (not in the Config-program, but in MediaPortal itself). You can also edit the XML-files to fit the position to your needs.

But why not just use the screensaver in MediaPortal? I have a plasma and has set it to blank the screen after 120 seconds.

Moving the OSD in calibration doesn't affect the position of the pause bar in My Videos that appears when a video is paused (a bug?). Which XML files should I modify? There are many that seem to contain relevant values. I tried changing a few, but none worked.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Are you by any chance using the 1.1.0 Alpha? I know it has a bug where moving the OSD has no effect on certain elements, ie the clock and progress-bar in Blue3 Wide...

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    The progress bar (that appears if you pause/FF/REW) is a separate thing from the OSD which you can bring up at any time by pressing "y". The OSD position is configurable, the progress bar is not.

pilehave: the problem you are referring to has to do with moving the OSD. In its original position the OSD overlaps the progress bar and shows correctly but when moved the progress bar stays in its orginal place and the OSD shows wrong. (the OSD has another copy of the progress bar and assosciated controls embeded and should normally hide the original progress bar)

merzbow

Portal Member
    July 19, 2009
    Home Country
    The progress bar (that appears if you pause/FF/REW) is a separate thing from the OSD which you can bring up at any time by pressing "y". The OSD position is configurable, the progress bar is not.

@pilehave: the problem you are referring to has to do with moving the OSD. In its original position the OSD overlaps the progress bar and shows correctly but when moved the progress bar stays in its orginal place and the OSD shows wrong. (the OSD has another copy of the progress bar and assosciated controls embeded and should normally hide the original progress bar)

Can you make the progress bar position configurable? :)

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I wonder why do we need a progress bar at all? Why can't we use an OSD instead of a progress bar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom