Movie as screensaver / background? (1 Viewer)

jcee

Portal Pro
November 23, 2004
Is it possible to have a movie (avi? mpeg?) as a moving background?
.. in MP mat all or as a music visualization?

I have a fireplace avi which I would prefer while listening to my music instead of the Windows media player visualization...

Possible? Any hints?

jcee

Portal Pro
November 23, 2004
The WMP fireplace sucks.. I have already tried it .. does not look very natural.. nevertheless thank you.

I have difficulties to convert my avi (DIVX) into GIF and I doubt it is the right way, because my fireplace video is about 7MB DIVX.. The animgif would be a lot bigger...

:-(

No plugin or whatever to play a videofile during music playback!?

A

Anonymous

i dont know if this will help you at all but i found this program that converts avi files into animated gifs

http://www.fileheaven.com/123-Avi-to-Gif-Converter/download/2238.htm

let me know if this works as i would be interested in a movie background.

I have also recently downloaded a awesome fish screensaver located at http://www.serenescreen.com/ and thought that it would be absolutly amazing if media portal integrated that into the background. Maybe a skin developer could do something based off that idea, i dunno i am not an artist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hello to all, as requested by doskabouter I created the log and before posting it, I went through and one line caught my attention, apparently my music database had a problem. So I deleted (rename) and recreated the database, as I have a lot of tracks in my collection (+/- 90000 songs) I hate do do this because it's very longer but...
Hello to all, as requested by doskabouter I created the log and before posting it, I went through and one line caught my attention...
Hello to all I have been using MP for many years and my system had become +/- unstable, it was time to refresh it. So I...
Replies
Views
in some of the previous logs: [2021-10-20 19:19:48,879] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: GPU_HUNG - Error in the application. -2005530508 (Unknown) at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow) at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Present()...
in some of the previous logs: [2021-10-20 19:19:48,879] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: GPU_HUNG - Error in the application...
Hi All, Hope everyone is safe & well, in these trying times. As I live in a city that has been incarcerated for rmonths, thought I...
Replies
Views
Welcome aboard! I'm also new here c: And yep, we have wiki for answers :D
Welcome aboard! I'm also new here c: And yep, we have wiki for answers :D
Hi All, I have been a WMC user for many years and have now decided to try something new. I tried Kodi but decided against it as...
Replies
Views
Greetings, I’m encountering frequent audio dropouts when watching Netflix through OnlineVideos and while playing music. I’m not encountering any problems with over-the-air tv. Netflix video is not affected, just audio. Music plays fine when played outside of MP through Windows Media Player. Netflix plays fine when played outside of...
Greetings, I’m encountering frequent audio dropouts when watching Netflix through OnlineVideos and while playing music. I’m not...
Greetings, I’m encountering frequent audio dropouts when watching Netflix through OnlineVideos and while playing music. I’m not...
Replies
Views
Ok, just done some more mucking around. turns out my logitech mouse seems to be extremely unresponsive in media portal. Can use my keyboard just fine (also lightspeed wireless). Suggestions?
Ok, just done some more mucking around. turns out my logitech mouse seems to be extremely unresponsive in media portal. Can use my...
Good evening, having just fresh installed media portal 2.3.2. Looking at trialing again as it now seems to support what I am...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom