Movie Doesn't Play Right (1 Viewer)

jsimmons

Portal Pro
December 6, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Using MP 1.0 on Vista Ultimate:

I ripped Ice Age to a mpg file, and MP doesn't play it correctly - after a few minutes of viewing, it jumps way ahead to about 1/2 way through, plays for a second or two, and jumps way ahead again. It does this a couple more times until the movie is at the end. I've tried re-ripping it, and it still does it. Windows Media Player plays it correctly.

Other movies haven't exhibited this problem (yet). I'm going to upgrade to MP 1.01 tonight, but I was wondering if anyone else has ever seen this behavior...

Matty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey jsimmons,

I hope you haven't gone to 1.01 just yet. I'm there and am re-installing version 1.0 tonight.
    Did you try other codecs for playing your rip?

Matt

jsimmons

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Yeah - I went to 1.01. I'm gonna stay with that though since it'll be a couple more weeks before I'm ready to put the box in the tv stand. maybe 1.02 will come out before then.

I haven't tried any other codecs yet. WMP plays the video but sometimes without audio. I was considering installing SAF and seeing if it fixes the problem.

jsimmons

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Well, I decided to re-rip all my movies into ISO files. The MPG stuff simply wasn't working very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi @mm1352000 I have new questions about raw TS recording: I've now bought TS Doctor v2.0 and I thought I'd do a check again to see if it finds anything different than v1.0 and I also did a check on the full transponder recording that I provided to you (which I hadn't thought of doing at the time), and I found this which I find weird...
    Hi @mm1352000 I have new questions about raw TS recording: I've now bought TS Doctor v2.0 and I thought I'd do a check again to see...
    MediaPortal Version: 1.16.0 Description Hello everyone. When trying to record a movie this weekend I noticed an issue on a TV...
    Replies
    Views
    How are things going Jamie? Have you given up, or are you just busy?
    How are things going Jamie? Have you given up, or are you just busy?
    I have so many symptoms that I am wondering if I shouldn't just uninstall and wipe everything and start over. #4 below is the only...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MediaPortal2-Buddy DE
    That’s what Lehmden said. Watched flags get migrated when updating to 2.2. Also a new plugin is almost finished to backup watched flags and restore later.
    That’s what Lehmden said. Watched flags get migrated when updating to 2.2. Also a new plugin is almost finished to backup watched...
    Hi. And here is another "Buddy"... Today's Buddy is "MediaPortal2-Buddy" (or short, MP2-Buddy), a tool to do some work around...
    Replies
    Views
    Nolos, Since you mentioned Plex and you own the SiliconDust HD Homerun, I would recommend that you instead take a serious look at Emby rather than Plex. Emby is basically a competitor to Plex. And, they just added native support for the HD HomeRun for Live TV. Their big thing is that they want the TV guide to be "stunning". It would...
    Nolos, Since you mentioned Plex and you own the SiliconDust HD Homerun, I would recommend that you instead take a serious look at...
    Just wanted to give you a heads up on my recent and very first install of your software. I have Plex and I use PlayOn and I just...
    Replies
    Views
    Try the build in player again first, just ensure that the LAV video codec settings are set to make use of DXVA for GPU accelleration, and that the audio codec settings allow for the formats to be bitstreamed to your receiver that it has support for. If you have any Blu-Ray ISO or physical, then be sure to install the BRHandler plugin...
    Try the build in player again first, just ensure that the LAV video codec settings are set to make use of DXVA for GPU...
    I am running MePo 1.8.0 and the latest plugins. This guy describes my same issue...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom