Movie IMDB information not always visible in filmstrip mode (1 Viewer)

RoyDamgrave

August 15, 2007
In the MyVideos section I use the filmstrip mode whereby the IMDB information of movies is shown below the selected movie cover (using the Monochrome or the StreamMP skin). But with some movies (random) there is no information shown, but when I look at the IMDB section (Info -> IMDB) all the information is available. And if I check the database in the MediaPortal Setup I see that there is no error in the database, all the movie information is present. But with some movies it's just not shown in the filmstrip option.

Are there more people facing this problem?

I'm using Mediaportal 1.1.0 beta

xvffx

Portal Pro
August 15, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
In the MyVideos section I use the filmstrip mode whereby the IMDB information of movies is shown below the selected movie cover (using the Monochrome or the StreamMP skin). But with some movies (random) there is no information shown, but when I look at the IMDB section (Info -> IMDB) all the information is available. And if I check the database in the MediaPortal Setup I see that there is no error in the database, all the movie information is present. But with some movies it's just not shown in the filmstrip option.

Are there more people facing this problem?

I'm using Mediaportal 1.1.0 beta

same result here, but...
the movies that don't display the covers shows "unknown" in the summary yet all others are there. Soooo.. I did a quicktest
1: I enter some text in the summary clicked saved... and volia movie covers shows up with my text.
2: I noticed the move beside this movie showing unknown and yet shows a cover for it. then it got me going hummmmm.
3: gone back to the config video database and looked at these movies not showing the coverart and the movies that is showing the art. the difference I see are some have downloaded the covers and others didn't. (I beleive something is wrong with scrapping)

results...if a movie have "unknown" in summary and yet got the coverart. (changing the text will work)
if movies have info and no coverart.. movie shows nothing but title.

so.. what I see is something is not right and didn't say anything as I've thought it was my computer as I have been installing svn over svn over svn... and somehow messed something up.

but maybe someone has a cleaner install

this is with the Bleaszle skin

Vff

RoyDamgrave

August 15, 2007
xvffx: In my list all covers are shown, only de IMDB info is missing in the overview (it is available at the detailed section)

I tested some more, and found that the problem only occurs if the movie consists of mulitple files (often 2 cd versions). All my movies are placed in folders with the name of the movie, and this worked great with previous versions of MediaPortal. I saw the option "all movies have own folder" in the MediaPortal configuration, but I can't used that because I also have small (video)clips which are all placed in one folder.

Here a screenshot of the problem:
Normal:
imdbinfo2.JPG

Error:
imdbinfo1.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom