Movie importer not finding some files (1 Viewer)

gshipley

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2008
    I have roughly 600 movies and I decided to try out moving pictures this weekend. Latest media portal and moving picture .6.1.

I just noticed that the importer only found roughly half the movies. An example of one it did not pick up is:
    V:\Movies\DVD\80 Minutes (2008)

contents are:
    folder.jpg (from mymovies I assume)
    jack-80mins.dvdr.iso
    jack-80mins.dvdr.nfo
    jack-80mins.dvdr.sfv

I modified the .nfo only contain the imdb texT:
    80 Minutes (2008)

Went into moving pictures configuration and select Movie Importer. Remove all paths and add the V:\Movies\DVD\80 Minutes (2008)

The importer says "scanning local media sources" and never returns anthing. If i add V:\Movies\DVD it find about half of the ones in there.

I can't figure out a pattern that is causing this. Please help.

I am thinking I need to clear out the database... is there a way to do that other than just removing the monitored folder from the import manager?

----- EDIT ----

I think I figured it out. I need to add .ISO and .IMG extensions as it appears to be case sensitive.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am glad you figured things out, that is very strange it was behaving like that though. Case sensitivity actually was an issue in earlier versions of the plug-in, but they should be resolved now. I just double checked the code and it it converts everything to lower case before doing any checking on the extension. Are you certain that the extensions were not just missing from the valid extension list in MediaPortal?

gshipley

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2008
    Yeah..... really weird. It would find .iso but not .ISO until I specifically added it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom