Movie imports as PG instead of PG13 (1 Viewer)

akajester

Portal Pro
October 13, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I searched and didn't find this anywhere. Forgive me if this has been covered before. I'd also like to add that Moving Pictures is the greatest plugin around. I've used it for years now and I'm amazed at every new incredible release. Thank you!

When all PG13 movies are imported they are listed as PG certification. I've double checked IMDB and they are most definitely PG13, so I've been modifying them all by hand. I need to make sure certain movies don't show up on my kids lists. The parental controls are excellent so I rely on this a lot.

At first I thought maybe this was a fluke, but when I re-imported my 200+ movie library it happened again. All PG13 movies are imported as PG. Any suggestions? Is this perhaps limited to the US? I'm not aware of the ratings certifications in other countries.

Thanks everyone!

akajester

akajester

Portal Pro
October 13, 2008
Home Country
Sorry, I should have included more info. Moving Pictures version 1.1.2.1219 installed with StreamedMP 1.4.11.2543. It's set to auto retrieve movie data in the English language. How do I find more info about the scraper script?

Thanks Fforde!

akajester

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Sorry, I should have included more info. Moving Pictures version 1.1.2.1219 installed with StreamedMP 1.4.11.2543. It's set to auto retrieve movie data in the English language. How do I find more info about the scraper script?

Thanks Fforde!

akajester

Go into MovingPictures config, then switch to the "Import Settings" tab, and change the settings to "Manually manage movie data sources". Then you can click on the "Movie Details Data Source" button, so you can see the order in which scripts are processed and view the version of them. It will look like:

FAQ.MovingPictures.1c_Movie.Details.Data.Sources.png

The one you are after is the imdb one. But please verify which scraper ended up getting used by switching to the "Movie Manager" tab, select the movie in question and then scroll down towards the bottom of the movie details and locate the scraper script name.

This scraper version information is also present in the log files, but probably easier for you to do it via the above way.

Also please give at lease one example of a movie title that goes wrong. The log files that are generated when you import the mistakes would be the most usefull, as it would allow us to see exactly what happens (Switching MediaPortal into Debug mode would be nice for as much info as possible).

akajester

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Thank you Rochess.

IMDB.com version 2.1.3, English, 1/28/2011.

The last movie added 3/21/11 was Se@son of the W1tch, imdb tt0479997 and it imported as PG, not PG-13. Movie Details listed scraper as IMDB.com

Thanks for helping!

akajester

as a test I grabbed the new IMDB+ scraper from here;
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ummary-imdb-rt-score-us-uk-rating-more-93838/

I added that, removed the standard IMDB scraper I listed above. I re-imported Sea$on of the W1tch and it pulled in as PG-13!

Does that mean the problem was with the older scraper?

thanks,

akajester

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Yes probably. Thanks for the bug report, i will look into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom