Movie Info Grabbers - Introduction / Updates / DevNotes / FAQ / General Support (1 Viewer)

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    General Info
    This forum section is used for development and support of Movie Info grabbers.

After MP v1.0.0.0 R2 was released, an update feature was added to the configuration and all integrated grabbers have been removed. Most of them are already available as grabber script. If you miss one please request the grabber in this thread.

@Users
    Each grabber has it's own thread.
    Support, questions and bug reports related to a specific grabber should be posted in it's thread.

@Script Authors / devs
    Please create a new thread for each script.

If want to get your script included in the update-feature, please make a post in this thread, so that a team member can add the script.

If you already created a thread for your script in another forum section, please drop me a line and i will move it to this forum section.

Important development notes:
    • If you want to install a script manually, for testing or debugging, copy the script file to
      %MediaPortalConfig%\scripts\MovieInfo\
      To find the correct folder (using vista or xp) simply press "User Config files" on the top left of MediaPortal Configuration window.
    • You always have to set ImdbUrl.database in FindImdb to the same string which is the filename of your script (without ".csscript") otherwise your script file won't work.

regards
    chefkoch

jmsegov

Portal Member
    June 14, 2006
    Where I put my Script?

I am developing a script in Spanish to obtain the information of the movies of culturalia.

The problem arises when I want to debug and to see the result of my script, I put it in the directory " C:\Archivos de programa\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\scripts\imdb " but when I go to the screen to select my grabber, it not appear in the list, I give to update and load the same scripts, seems that it downloads from Internet.

Since I do to verify and to purify my code?
    Where I put my Script to debug it?

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Important development notes:
    • If you want to install a script manually, for testing or debugging, copy the script file to
      %MediaPortalConfig%\scripts\MovieInfo\
      To find the correct folder (using vista or xp) simply press "User Config files" on the top left of MediaPortal Configuration window.

I decided to change this thread also be responsible for general questions and support requests, no problem that you posted in the other thread.

I also added the answer for your question to the first post of this thread ;)

regards
    chefkoch

P

pepolla

What happened to filmaffinity (spanish) grabber?

RC2 and every older version had it... but since RC3 it's missing :(:(:(

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After MP v1.0.0.0 R2 was released, an update feature was added to the configuration and all integrated grabbers have been removed. Most of them are already available as grabber script. If you miss one please request the grabber in this thread.
    i added that info to the first post, too.

vinch100

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi

I want to develop grabber script and I do not know how, how can i debugging hem???

A long time ago I found this program made by... no idea who!

But it's quite usefull to troubleshoot a script :)

Attachments

• scripttest.zip
      30.6 KB

tclose

June 25, 2008
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    ratings, votes and age rating

I recently added all my movies and never noticed afterwards that the rating and the votes were not updated. Is there anyway to refresh these 2 fields only. The 300 movies in the list all previously selected from imdb with the grabber.

I am hoping there is a unique key that will assist in refreshing the data without changing cover art or reselecting the title. The alternate is to manual refresh and reselect every movie.

Any help appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom