Movie Information display by default (1 Viewer)

Bradley Dyke

Portal Member
November 25, 2007
Home Country
New user question sorry,

Yes i have checked but couldnt find the answer here.
can anyone confirm that you have to hit F3 to bring up the movie info and that there is NO WAY fix it so the movie info automatically displays when you go into the movie folder. have been using MP for 1 week and so far extremely impressed after giving up on MCE

I know i'm being picky cause hitting F3 shouldnt be hard but I downloaded all the video info from imdb but using a non mce remote so i dont have a yellow button and so have to get off my butt to hit F3 on the keyboard which is miles away.

thanks again.

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

well, actually it depends on the used skin. There may be a skin out there, that displays the movie info directly. Try a search, perhaps there is one.

What remote do you have? Perhaps you can mapped another button to F3...

Flip.

Bradley Dyke

Portal Member
    November 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi FlipGer,

Thanks for the reply have tried the X face? or something and the standard Blue Wide will try some other skins.
    I have the remote that came with the Dvico HDTV Twin card and have tried to set it up in the remote config to emulate an MCE remote but doesnt seem to be working superbly. I actually have a brand new Logitech 785 remote which i'm hoping i will eventually be able to program up but searching the forums here looks like a difficult thing to setup. as a complete noob to this i'm trying to not confuse myself too much at once.

thanks again

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I got a harmony remote and setting that up was very easy. When you install the remote software you just set the remote up to be used with either mediaportal or MCE, either way it works great =)

As to having movie info poping up when you enter the folder, i would like to see that too. I dont think any skin does it tho. In shares view you are browsing trough folders, and having one folder suddenly change function and display movie info instead of a file would require some code(and will probably not be done with mp1). Maybe its easier to implent in DB view? Maybe its even there allready, I dont use database view because genres get so messed up(and im to lazy to fix it in all my movies).

Bradley Dyke

Portal Member
    November 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Darre thanks for the reply, with your harmony remote how is it connecting to the box? the Dvico has a little plugin receiver that i think everyone refers to as uirt. I know i can imitate the codes from the Dvico remote but are you saying i can skip this and just set the remote as MCE and it will work. My understanding from reading the forums is that this might not work, but happy to give it a try. ps how do i thank people for responding to my reports.

cams

Portal Member
    January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    i would love to see this too, does anyone know if a skin has this feature or is it not possible in MP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom