Movie Loading Message while user waits for movie to start? (1 Viewer)

WindsorTheater

Portal Pro
October 1, 2009
Everything seems to be working ok with me on streamedMP, but load times after movie is selected can leave the end user hanging a bit with no feedback while he movie is loaded and starts.

Is there a way to fill in the time after a movie is selected to play and the picture actually comes up with a 'loading bar' or 'loading movie' message or something?

Especially when loading .iso movies where daemon tools needs to mount there can be 10-20seconds of nothing where the systems would appear locked up while I knwo it's just loading a movie.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Good idea. I think there is an issue for this on the tracker, just can't find it right now.
I recall I've heard that it is not possible to show a loading bar, since the MP GUI is not rendering while the movie loads. But a simple pop-style info saying "Movie is loading, please wait..." Would still be great.

maxx_nantes

Portal Pro
October 5, 2009
I would add 2 things :
-when i load iso movies, windows task bar and daemon tools window come to the front of the skin (is it a normal behaviour?)
-when i try to watch blu-ray movies, mediaportal hides before my blu-ray player loads

(you might have noticed that I don't want to see my windows screen :p)

jonaskp

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Have you also had a look at the loading cursor? Maybe this could be used in addition to the (static) loading image...

If possible, that would be even more awesome.

@DieBagger:
Sidenote: Some of the screenshots in that wiki has Mac OS "menu-bar". Is that just MediaPortal running under WMVare or parralels on a Mac or is it somehow possible to install under Mac OS? Not sure if you have any idea about this.
Reason I ask is we just bought our first Mac, and looking for a good way to integrate with the existing MediaPortal setup.
Sorry for Off-topic

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Those screenshots are not from me but if I had to guess I'd say it's just a mac-themed windows...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom