Movie Padding (1 Viewer)

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I don't know if you guys are experiencing this too. When I record with the EPG there are x minutes and x minutes after depending on what you have set in TV server.

What I have found recently when recording from Sky Movies there are switches from Dolby 2/0 >> 3/2 at the start and end of most movies.

I am in the process of writing a plugin that will scan the file, find these points and select which chunk of video to keep. It will then instruct ffmpeg to remove the unwanted start and end of the file.

I'll upload a file in here when I have finished it.

Any ideas at this stage are welcome as they are easier to add.

Thanks.

DJ.

Last edited:

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Could this work for other program's, most of the hd transmissions switch between stereo and 5.1 I believe.

Could get fancy and strip out ad breaks this way?

xpe

Portal Member
    April 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did you succeeed in writing a plugin or did you find another solution? I have a lot of move recordings where I would like to automatically cut the commercials in front and at the end of the movie.

xpe

Portal Member
    April 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, if there is a way to automatically strip ads on multiple files, I would try it.

Actually it would be enough for me to just skip those commercials and jump to the start frame of the actual movie. I'm not sure, if comskip does it like that and would work in my case!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom