[solved] Movie SRT subtitle didn't display on client (1 Viewer)

superforever

Portal Pro
April 13, 2009
On the server itself I also need to add it as a network share?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    On the server itself I also need to add it as a network share?
    A network share is only added once and is then available everywhere. Even the local client will then address the media items through network connections. Don't forget to delete the drive as a local source in the settings..

superforever

Portal Pro
    April 13, 2009
    OK, that is a bit confusing, it allowed me to add D:\Movies on the server and play OK on the client but not the subtitle.

superforever

Portal Pro
    April 13, 2009
    I added it on the server as D:\Movies and available to play them from the client. So I assume MP2 stream the movie to the client not play from the shared folder by the client like MP1.

superforever

Portal Pro
    April 13, 2009
    Added shared folder instead, works fine now. Just to clarify my original questions, embedded SRT works fine, only external SRT didn't work in my case.

Just did a test, I disabled the shared movie folder and added it as a local drive on the server. The client still can play it OK in that case I think the design of MP2 is to stream video to client but didn't support external SRT when streaming.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The client still can play it OK in that case I think the design of MP2 is to stream video to client but didn't support external SRT when streaming.
    Possibly. However, the design of MP2 is to use shared folders.

Am I reading you right that with shared folders your srt files are working correctly on remote clients?

superforever

Portal Pro
    April 13, 2009
    Possibly. However, the design of MP2 is to use shared folders.

Am I reading you right that with shared folders your srt files are working correctly on remote clients?

Yes it is fine now. I have to removed all the resources and have to wait a bit longer to make sure database updated before I added the network folder again.

Otherwise it will mix up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom