[solved] Movie sub folders folders import (1 Viewer)

eltell

June 10, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi Guys,
I'm looking forward to this final release as at mo I'm using MP1.9 final which is excellent I might add.
Will this MP2 release be able to import my movie collection on 3 separate hard drives with it's corresponding sub folders. For instance 1 drive is eltells movies and the sub folders are 3d, action, sci-fi, war, western and quite a few other various headings and each sub folder has particular movies in it. What would be good is if the collection of movies came up as eltells movies, another drive is wifes movies and another is kids movies each with their sub folder headings which contain particular movies.
I hope I managed to describe fairly clearly what I'm trying to suggest.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    You can import as many directories as you wish.
    This Wiki will help to show what it is capable of and how to do it
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/2_MEDIAPORTAL_2/2_Setup_Guides/Media_Sources

Once you go into the Movies tab on the Home Screen, on the left side is a button to sort and other functions.
    Currently I am unsure if it is able to separate the entire import the way you wish...
    One of the Dev's might have a better answer for you.

eltell

June 10, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks breese for your time, I have read the link prior to posting but it didn't really answer my question.
    I expect the only way to find out is to try it. Although if there are any Dev's available I would appreciate it. Regards all.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I think I located what might help you.
    Go into Movies
    On the left side is a Menu Tab, click it
    Click on Filter
    Click on Filter by Collection

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    Eltell, I'm not sure whether I completely understand what feature you are looking for. My understanding is that you want to add 3 different directories, each having various subdirectories, which contain the actual movies. Then you want to be able to browse these directories separately from each other e.g. Eltell's Movies -> 3D movies -> Avatar
    If this understanding is correct, then yes, you can do that. But not via the movies section, but in the main menu you need to select 'browse media' there you can browse first to the respective MediaSource (e.g. Eltell's Movies) and then along the lines of the respective directory structure.
    Hope that helps... And thanks for considering MP2 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom