Movie title context menu (2 Viewers)

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
December 31, 2011
I installed MP 1.8, aMPed and MyFilms on a new machine. I use Spanish as MP language and there has always been a small translation issue in the context menu for movie titles: the option "Play random movie" is still in English. I'm obsessive enough to want it in Spanish like the other ones and I remember in the previous install (6 years ago or so) I was able to find the right xml file and the right spot in it to translate that option myself. I guess I'm getting older, because I can't find that xml file any more. Any hint would be much appreciated.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    there has always been a small translation issue in the context menu for movie titles: the option "Play random movie" is still in English.
    Translateable language strings are found in the "Language" folder in the "MediaPortal" folder. There is a different language file for each of the supported languages. However, I just scanned the one for English, and the string "Play random movie" does not occur there, or in the Spanish language file.

As it happens, I have the source files for the Amped skin on my system, and scanning those reveals that the file "mvCentral.xml" has this line:

<label>#mvCentral.Translation.PlayAllRandom.Label</label>​

So it looks as though that string is specific to the Movies plugin, and is therefore defined in one of the definition files for the Movies plugin. I don't have those on my system, so I cannot tell you where to look. If you cannot find where that skin variable is defined, you can change the <label> tag in "mvCentral.xml" so that it specifies the string that you want in Spanish (i.e. don't use the skin variable).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
    December 31, 2011
    The string I was looking for is located in ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\language\MyFilms\strings_es
    Thank you CyberSimian for the hint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Then you didn’t use Nereus Skin in MP2. tMM does a great job in combination with MP2 it’s the best, if you ask me.
    Then you didn’t use Nereus Skin in MP2. tMM does a great job in combination with MP2 it’s the best, if you ask me.
    I have been a relatively happy user of MP1 for quite a while. My setup is a dedicated HTPC connected to my TV, a TV capture device...
    Replies
    Views
    Thank you for taking the time to reply. My point is that after the new install ALL movies show up as watched. Even the 20-25 movies I haven't watched yet. This happens regardless of the watched/unwatched status set on the movie catalog (xml). So I guess it has nothing to do with the catalog itself but with the MyFilms plugin.
    Thank you for taking the time to reply. My point is that after the new install ALL movies show up as watched. Even the 20-25 movies...
    I installed MP 1.8 and MyFilms on a new machine but I forgot to save the watched status first. I use AMC as movies catalog for...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello to all, as requested by doskabouter I created the log and before posting it, I went through and one line caught my attention, apparently my music database had a problem. So I deleted (rename) and recreated the database, as I have a lot of tracks in my collection (+/- 90000 songs) I hate do do this because it's very longer but...
    Hello to all, as requested by doskabouter I created the log and before posting it, I went through and one line caught my attention...
    Hello to all I have been using MP for many years and my system had become +/- unstable, it was time to refresh it. So I...
    Replies
    Views
    Good job, nice release as usual (y)
    Good job, nice release as usual (y)
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.4 MediaPortal 2.4 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
    It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom