[movieinfo] show a list with the actors, which you can select and view more infos (1 Viewer)

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Started on: 2006-12-27
    last update: 2006-12-27

Summary:
    When you view the cast in movieinfo-screen, you will see a list with the actors of the movie. you can now easily click on an entry view the actor-info.

Description:
    In the movie info-screen you can view the cast by clicking on the button. Here you will see a list with the actors of the movie. Each entry contains the real actor name and it's role in the movie seperated by " as " or in German " als ".

Now you can easy select the actor. If you click one you will see the actor-info screen.

There also could be a context menu for each list entry,

which contains the "show actor info" the second time and "show all movies by the actor", which is a shortcut to a screen with a movie list. In the list are only movies shown, in which the actor played a role. That's is like you view you movies by actors and then select an actor.

regards
    chefkoch

Note: All pictures are just modified screenshots. Some of them are ugly ;) , but i hope they'll do their job.

Sasler

Portal Pro
    October 19, 2006
    Great idea :D

Currently when dowloading IMDB info, most of the time is spent in downloading actor info that can't really be viewed...

villadom

Portal Member
    October 4, 2006
    Dubai, UAE
    I have a system that does exactly this.

It also shows the movies the actor has been in in the actor info screen, those movies the actor has appeared in that are in the database are also clickable in the actor info screen - showing the same movie info, with clickable actor info.

Quite a few changes to the core software and also the skin files are required.

I also show the song lyrics from mp3 files in the now playing screen, this change is a bit easier but also requires a change in the core software (setting the #Play.current.lyrics from the mp3 tagreader).

If anyone is interested I can let you have the source code and skin files (I use a custom skin, but can modify the blue two skin if this is of interest).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom