MovieMeter.nl Scraper Script Update (1 Viewer)

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It has come to our attention that the dutch movie site Moviemeter.nl recently introduced a special API to retrieve movie details. This is far more better then scraping but this also means it will take a little more time to create a new dataprovider for it (as the scraper script will be no longer needed). It's also possible to quickfix the current scraper script to go around the "limitation" the author of moviemeter has created to make us, scraper authors, aware that there now is a special API.

I included the quickfix for moviemeter.nl in this message.. Please update your datasource with this new script.
    Please keep in mind that we will probably switch to the real API soon but this requires some more work.

Attachments

• MovieMeter.xml
      30.6 KB

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Awesome!
    I was already getting worried but thanks for fixing this so soon!

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks, now it's working!

But I have another question: Does the new moviemeter API also support cover downloading? Since very often, when the standard cover sources can't find any covers, I can always find it over at Moviemeter. They seem to have every poster for every movie for me 'till now, so that will be preferable.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I don't know if it will support covers.. all information i have is from the moviemeter forums and this page: API - MovieMeterWiki.
    I could already grab covers from moviemeter but the resolution is 200×277px and won't look good on high res i think.

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well, the ones I take from moviemeter and enter as URL in moviemeter look quite good in 720p resolution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom