Movies split over multiple discs (CD1, CD2..) not always grouping (1 Viewer)

Sutekh

Portal Pro
April 16, 2008
Home Country
Splitting this out from the 0.61 update thread.

I still have one of the main problems from 0.55c and that is matching files with multiple 'discs'. The files "Japan Sinks (2006)-CD1.avi" and "Japan Sinks (2006)-CD2.avi" were correctly grouped together and the list of movie titles to match against presented to me.

Other ones such as "Whisper (2007)-CD1.avi" and "Whisper (2007)-CD2.avi" were not correctly grouped together, and I now have two instances of the movie in the database. "Sweeney Todd - The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007)-CD1.avi" and CD2 was the same, "Sisily 2km (2004)-CD1.avi" and CD2 as well, and many others. More often than not the pairs were not grouped properly.

Is there any way to forcefully combine two movies once in the media manager? I cannot work out how.

Looking at the completed list, I notice as well that a movie I scanned in 0.55c "The Midnight Meat Train (2008)-CD1.avi" and CD2 did not combine this time, yet I distinctly remember them grouping in the last scan.

The list so far (assume all have a -CD2 counterpart file):

Z:\Movies\Asian Horror\Buppha Rahtree (2003)-CD1.avi
Z:\Movies\Action\Seven Swords (2005)-CD1.avi
Z:\Movies\Asian Horror\Death Note - The Last Name (2006)-CD1.avi
Z:\Movies\Asian Horror\Into the Mirror (2003)-CD1.avi
Z:\Movies\Horror\Hannibal Rising (2007)-CD1.avi
Z:\Movies\Asian Horror\Hansel & Gretel (2007)-CD1.avi
Z:\Movies\Asian Horror\L - Change the World (2008)-CD1.avi
Z:\Movies\Comedy\Sisily 2km (2004)-CD1.avi
Z:\Movies\Horror\Sweeney Todd - The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007)-CD1.avi
Z:\Movies\Horror\Visions of Suffering (2006)-CD1.avi

There will be more but I am still finishing matching files to IMDB entries from the scan.

Any ideas?

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I tested all the titles and they are grouping fine. Can you backup your current database, delete it (not the backup :p ) and start a fresh one just to see if this solves the grouping?

Sutekh

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi again. This was a fresh database I deleted before starting the 0.61 scan.
    Some other info:
    - The files are stored on a mapped network drive
    - The HTPC with MP on it is WinXP SP3

When you test, are you testing each file one at a time, or giving many files the same file names as above and doing a batch import? Perhaps it only occurs when more than one movie is being imported? I at least get ONE correct match in the batch import...

Sutekh

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Update - tried this again with a fresh DB and the same thing occurred.

This is really frustrating. I wouldn't care so much if I could easily highlight two movies in the media manager and press a "group" button. Would be great to know why this is happening for me and not for others.

Is there anything in any log that might help, that I could provide?

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    when you reassign (movie manager tab), the movies are placed back to the importer where you can group them together manually.
    just reassign both parts and switch over to the movie importer tab. there you can select both movies and click on the green merging arrows.
    hth

Sutekh

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Okay that combines them fine. A bit of a strange way of going about it - I'd like to see it work from the Media Manager section itself; highlight multiple movies on the left, press a button, select from an IMDB lookup the 'correct' movie match and then combine to one entry with one set of files.

Still, the fact they don't scan correctly the first time still puzzles me...?

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Good boy... ;) hmm i'm getting out of options. Any other particular things about your setup that i need to know about? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom