Moving files in the library creates 2 entries (1 Viewer)

vl002001

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    my library is set to c:\movies, within that i have a number of subfolders.
    when i move movies between the subfolders, the plugin finds it as a new movie and creates a new entry without deleting the old entry, so i have 2 entries side by side

is there any way to prevent this? currently i have to delete the movie from my database first, then refresh the database to have a single entry.

great job on the plugin, thanks so much guys!

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    It should remove the old version from the database and read add it automatically. Is it perhaps on a network drive? There is a known issue with the file system watcher failing in some situations on network drives...

e_razor

Portal Member
    July 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I can confirm this issue, i have my movies on a fileserver. However i do not map network drives. I refer the application in question directly to the location on the server. And this causes my movies to duplicate when something is moved. I haven't really seen this as a big problem, i was just rearranging the movies structure a little and was planning a database rebuild anyways. But the issue is there for sure.

EDIT:
    And the "old duplicate" the entry that was there first seems to have the invalid link, when you try to start the movie you get an error message. The new one works fine. Tho it should be noted i'm running 0.6.0 on that mediaportal pc at the moment and this may no occur in the 0.6.2 version. Untested as of yet, i will test this when i upgrade my mediaportal soon, moving to rc4 and 0.6.2 moving pictures.

vl002001

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    yeah, i just tried to replicate it and this is exactly what is happening

it does delete the original file, but it creates 2 new entries, both pointing to the new file.
    however, there is one difference. 1 entry has the file in the playback order, and the other entry has a blank playback order.

one thing to note though is it's not a network drive, but it's not the same drive mediaportal is installed on either. it's "d:\movies"
    is there any way to post a log on this? it's not really an error

thanks!

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Yeah, just grab your log files out of your log folder. We will take a look. Sounds like there is something fishy going on though.

The log folder is usually: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log

jacc1234

Portal Pro
    April 11, 2008
    I have run into the same issue i think. I have also found that about 50% of the time when I delete a movie it is not removed from the DB. All the files are local but sometimes i delete the files from another computer over the network shared folder.

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    i have some of the same problem. How do i delete the database and start over?
    from the mediaportal config, there is a button (top-left corner) that will take you to the user files.
    In that location, there is a database folder. Locate movingpictures.db3 and rename it (better safe ...) if anything should go wrong you can retrace your steps with that backup. Now start moving pictures config again and re-enter your preferences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom