moving movies to new location, does the database update automatically? (1 Viewer)

lanceuppercu

Portal Pro
January 13, 2008
London
am needing to move some movies to clear up some space on my main storage, i have 3 different machines that connect to this share and if i move the files somewhere else and monitor that location, will it update the existing entries and change the path but keep other stuff like watched flag, custom images?

thanks.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    am needing to move some movies to clear up some space on my main storage, i have 3 different machines that connect to this share and if i move the files somewhere else and monitor that location, will it update the existing entries and change the path but keep other stuff like watched flag, custom images?

thanks.

MovingPictures will detect files moved between import paths, due to the hash system. However if you move the files with MovingPictures plugin running, it has to be moved in a short time, otherwise it is seen as a delete+re-add. So just close down MovPic, move the file to the new location (that is also a working import path), and start MovPic back up again. Only the filepath reference to the new location is then changed and none of your custom settings or watched history is lost.

Try it on a single file first, then try a few, and finally move all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom