moving movies to new location, does the database update automatically? (1 Viewer)

lanceuppercu

Portal Pro
January 13, 2008
London
Country flag
am needing to move some movies to clear up some space on my main storage, i have 3 different machines that connect to this share and if i move the files somewhere else and monitor that location, will it update the existing entries and change the path but keep other stuff like watched flag, custom images?

thanks.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Country flag
    am needing to move some movies to clear up some space on my main storage, i have 3 different machines that connect to this share and if i move the files somewhere else and monitor that location, will it update the existing entries and change the path but keep other stuff like watched flag, custom images?

thanks.
    MovingPictures will detect files moved between import paths, due to the hash system. However if you move the files with MovingPictures plugin running, it has to be moved in a short time, otherwise it is seen as a delete+re-add. So just close down MovPic, move the file to the new location (that is also a working import path), and start MovPic back up again. Only the filepath reference to the new location is then changed and none of your custom settings or watched history is lost.

Try it on a single file first, then try a few, and finally move all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    T Moving Pictures...seem to have 'lost' ability to display Movie info. (eg Resolution/Audio) Moving Pictures 2
    R [solved] Files moved to new location - Easy way to update database? My TVSeries 7
    M.Hulot Moving Pictures lässt sich nach Windows-Update nicht mehr öffnen Plugins & Erweiterungen 1
    R Files moved to different location - Easy way to update database? Moving Pictures 2
    cerberus Moving Pictures zeigt Film Spezifikationen nicht richtig Plugins & Erweiterungen 12
    P Configuration Moving Pictures Support d'installation et de configuration 0
    R [solved] Moving pictures importer wont add files from a removable drive. Is there a work around ? Moving Pictures 8
    badboyxx [solved] Moving Pictures and MediaPortal 1.23 Regeszter Edition Moving Pictures 93
    caveman [solved] Moving Picture 97% CPU Moving Pictures 9
    raffe [solved] Export tool and import support from MP-TVSeries & Moving Pictures to MP2 General 22
    ge2301 [Finished] [MP2-782] Show mouse cursor only if it was moved more than 10 pixels MediaPortal 2 13
    M.Hulot Moving pictures startet nur im hintergrund und falscher version Allgemeines Supportforum 5
    T Neuinstalation - Moving Pictures probleme Installationsprobleme? 19
    O Want to move 21:9 video down to the screen bottom Watch / Listen Media 1
    S Problem wit .ISO files in Moving Pictures Moving Pictures 3
    olli14 Inhalt der Moving Pictures Datenbank in die Plex Datenbank kopieren MediaPortal Café 69
    T Moving Pictures Icon disappeared...and the program....??? Watch / Listen Media 1
    toricred Using TMM, How to Stop Importer From Going to The Movie Database for Data General 1
    DHosein 1.25 Upgrade and movie covers/backdrops General Support 9
    doskabouter [Help Me!] Playback of iTunes Movie Trailers Developer Discussions 0
    D [solved] Movie artwork download stopped working Submit: Bug Reports 9
    G Movie release date in guide Electronic Program Guide 2
    J [fixed] Import issue with alternate movie title matching the name of another movie Submit: Bug Reports 7
    tano_grasa Movie cover not showing when starting a movie aMPed 0
    R [further infos missing] some movies freezing evry seconds Submit: Bug Reports 9