Moving Pictures 1.1.5 / 1.2.3 Released (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Moving Pictures 1.1.5 / 1.2.3 Stable
Donate to Help Support Continued Development

Moving Pictures is a movie management plug-in that focuses on both versatility and ease of use. Moving Pictures does it's best to load your movie collection as quickly as possible with very little user interaction and it then provides an easy to use but highly customizable interface to browse your movie collection.

If you have found a bug or have a question about specific Moving Pictures functionality please open a new thread so others with the same thoughts can more easily find the conversation.

Download [1.1.5] Supporting MediaPortal 1.1
Download [1.2.3] Supporting MediaPortal 1.2 Beta
Change Log

Wiki / User's Guide
Project Page
Skin Designer's Guide
Developer's Guide

What's New?
Speed and Memory Improvements
This release primarily focuses on bug fixes and optimization. Performance of GUI navigation should be dramatically improved, especially for users storing data on a network attached storage device. This performance improvement also applies to remote control filtering which should be much more usable from this point on. For users that were most affected by this issue, navigation delays should be reduced by a factor of 20 or even more.

Memory usage of the importer has been greatly improved as well so people importing 1000+ movies in one sitting should no longer have any memory issues.

Bug Fixes
This release fixes various semi-minor bugs in Moving Pictures as well. A few highlights include better support for movies made up of multiple video files, better file deletion support and improved behavior when categories are disabled. We also have nearly a dozen translation and import script updates. If you are interested in the details of any of these changes please take a peek out our change log.

What's Coming?
On the horizon features for Moving Pictures are always in flux and as many of you are probably aware, release dates are based on when developers have a bit of free time and when life is less hectic than usual. Thanks for your patience though! It is always exciting to talk about what may be coming down the line though. I can't really make any promises and I can not speak for other developers, but features on my mind include a search interface in GUI, support for working with the importer directly in the GUI as well as sorting and filtering in the configuration screen on the Movie Manager panel.

I am very much interested in hearing what is important to the community though. Please feel free to chime in your thoughts or ideas. And please remember to "star" an issue on Google Code if it's something that excites you. This is our primary method of gauging community interest.

Contributions and Thanks
These days it is difficult to create a proper list of people to thank. apondman, zealotsix, inker, damienh, lfalk, rochess, gshipley. These are some of the big names and I am sure tomorrow I am gonna kick myself for leaving someone integral out. Thank god for that edit button. ;) Most importantly though, thanks to the community, all of you. The plugin obviously wouldn't exist without you guys but that doesn't even touch on donations, community contributions to scraper scripts and various skins, and hell, just helping other users out on the forums.

So thank you all for helping create and support Moving Pictures and the community surrounding it.

nothe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Moving Pictures 1.1.5 / 1.2.3 Released

One of my personal favorite is the Issue 23: Centralized Database / Multi-Seat Support. There is no timeline for this feature.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Moving Pictures 1.1.5 / 1.2.3 Released

One of my personal favorite is the Issue 23: Centralized Database / Multi-Seat Support. There is no timeline for this feature.

It has been put on the back burner because of the rise of sites like follw.it and trakt.tv, its still something I think about every now and then though. Would be neat to use something like Bonjour so that Moving Pics clients could automatically discover each other if on the same network. Then they could act as data providers for each other and share watched status and ratings.

But like I said, rating syncing through some of these new websites makes this, for me a bit less of a priority. Any other thoughts on this?

UNOPARATOR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2007
    Istanbul
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    What about "Issue 497: Allow Export of Watched Flags"? But just as it is explained in the first post and the merge into Issue 121 related stuff.
    If we just think about importing/exporting watched status to be used in a clean install, do we still need it or having a follw.it/trakt.tv account compensates for this?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    I kind of feel the same about that one Unoparator. Its something I would like to get to but it's not needed as much because of these external sites that both sync your ratings and serve as a backup for them.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hello.
    Thanks for the new version. Will try tonite.
    If this has not already made it into this release, my "most wanted" Features are:
    Issue 229: Allow grouping of movies in the movie list
    This is highly needed as Movie list grows and grows... 22 James Bonds, 21 Barbies (my niece is 7 years old...), 11 Star Treks, 8 Harry Potters (soon),... will help keeping the list usable a lot...

Issue 212: Support downloading and selection of multiple backdrops.
    Really needed if you add some "exotic" movies with no online backdrops at all. Sure I can put a backdrop.jpg in movie folder but this will force me to do a reimport...

And a small one, also if it has not made it to this release...
    please update xbmc scrapper to 1.0.5 as 1.0.3 did not handle the sorttitle field. 1.0.5 is available since more than a year now but has not made it into the release (at least not to MovPic 1.2.2)... I can simply upgrade this scrapper, but this should not be necessary after such a long time...

btw: Issue 23: Centralized Database / Multi-Seat Support will be obsolete as soon as MePo2 is out... I'm running a pre alpha on my laptop with little issues so "the hope will die the last"...

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Moving Pictures 1.1.5 / 1.2.3 Released

And a small one, also if it has not made it to this release...
    please update xbmc scrapper to 1.0.5 as 1.0.3 did not handle the sorttitle field. 1.0.5 is available since more than a year now but has not made it into the release (at least not to MovPic 1.2.2)... I can simply upgrade this scrapper, but this should not be necessary after such a long time...

If no one submits an updated scraper script to our tracker then we do not know about it. Changes did go into the latest release to allow for sort by population but I am not sure this is the same script you are referring to. Bottom line is that if no one gives us a script to include, we have no way of knowing to include it.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hello.
    I did not know you did not hear about the "new" xbmc scrapper, sorry...:sorry:
    Here is the post were 1.0.5 was originally released:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...mc-scraper-video_ts-folders-85393/#post646058
    And sorry again, it's not really "over" a year as the release date is 2010/8/8... ;)
    Only difference between 1.0.3 and 1.0.5 is to enable the "sorttitle" field from xbmc compatible .nfo file. But this is really useful...
    I'm using this version a long time now without any issues.

BTW, new Version of Moving Pictures runs really fast and smooth on my machine. Great work, many thanks.:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom