Moving Pictures and forced subtitles (2 Viewers)

badboyxx

Portal Pro
June 15, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
First i took a look in the settings of LAV. The entry in audio and subtitles was missing. But it didn't help.
Then i tried it with MyVideo. The result was the same behaviour like MovPic.
Then I took a look at the subtitle files. The movie which I have problem, has an included subtitle in the movie file, so no separate subtitle file. Another movie, which has a separate subtitle file (idx) is working well. This one appears with forced subtitles as default. I read somewhere that MP is only showing forced subtitles, when the subtitle filename contains the word forced. Is that right? I thought that the player is recognising automatically that it is a forced subtitle and has to turn it on.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The only way to know when a subtitle is forced or regular is to mark is as such.

Inside a container with support such as Matroska/MKV there is a special "Forced" subtitle option that can be used for this purpose.

For external loaded subtitles this can usually be accomplished by adding Forced to the filename, but that has a much lower rate of success.

http://matroska.org/technical/specs/notes.html -> "Forced flag" section

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe a screenshot can help a little bit ->

Screenshot.JPG

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Die Einstellung hätte man auch anders nennen können. Nicht jeder kommt da darauf, dass damit die forced subs gemeint sind.

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh sorry, I have forgotten that this is an english thread :D.
    This setting could have been called a little bit different. Not everyone could know what is ment here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom