Moving Pictures Auto scan? (1 Viewer)

ddrj

Portal Member
May 1, 2010
Hi guys, I've had mediaportal with moving pictures for a while now but I've always manually scanned my watched dir for new movies using moving pictures.

I was wondering if there was a way where it would do it automatically, perhaps every time a new movie is found in its watch dir? That way, I wouldn't have to exit out of mediaportal and rescan it x(

Thanks in advance

ravenrocks

Portal Pro
October 11, 2007
it scans automatically, you just need a txt or nfo-file with a imdb-link to the movie in the same folder as the moviefile and voila.
Folderstructure:
D:\Movies
Folder- Avatar
File - Avatar.avi
File - Avatar.nfo

ddrj

Portal Member
May 1, 2010
it scans automatically, you just need a txt or nfo-file with a imdb-link to the movie in the same folder as the moviefile and voila.
Folderstructure:
D:\Movies
Folder- Avatar
File - Avatar.avi
File - Avatar.nfo

ahhhh that makes sense now. My filenames for the .avi and .nfo always matched but the dir name never did. Thanks for the tip!

/me goes to manually rename all his folders now

ddrj

Portal Member
May 1, 2010
Hm... weird... i have all my folders and files (.avi and .nfo's) all named the same way. It still didn't autoscan though... I restarted my HTPC and I still don't see them... only the ones that I've manually scanned :X

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The entire link works fine also and it can have other info there also just as long as it has the IMDB #

ddrj

Portal Member
    May 1, 2010
    Yes, it's really weird, maybe I can provide some more details. I am using the StreamedMP skin with mediaportal 1.1.0

This is how my structure is: I have moving pictures dir set to my movies dir

Then my file / folder structure is something like this:

Folder: Das.Experiment
    File: Das.Experiment.mkv
    NFO: Das.Experiment.nfo

and in the nfo, there's an imdb link is like this:

IMDB Link.....: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0250258/

Yet, it doesn't autoscan that or any new movies I put in which is very weird... MyTvSeries is able to autoscan/scrape/add tv shows so that's working fine. It just seems for movies, it doesn't autoscan.

Could it be that most of my files are in .mkv format? I have a couple of .avi's but I can't seem to remember those being autoscanned

EDIT: A couple of more updates...

in the MovingPictures configuration, I have the auto approval set to the second bar (so 2/4)
    and Enable NFO scanner is checked along with auto approval on nfo file IMDB Match
    the scan settings are: nfo;txt

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom