Moving Pictures Build for MediaPortal 1.2 Beta? (2 Viewers)

bob808

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2008
    Hampshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Now 1.2 beta is out is there a compatible build of moving pictures coming and when should this drop? Am keen to update but have a couple of must have plugins that i can't upgrade without!

Thanks...

Bob

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: 1.2 beta build?

Bob, it was my impression (from something said over 3 months ago) that the "Videos" section of MP would be pimped out enough to render moving pictures almost useless. But I have not played with 1.2 since early alpha, so my opinion is not a good measuring stick =)

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

No, no, My Videos will never be like moving pictures or it's counterpart within MP. Moving Pictures is a king addon for Movies and it will stay like that. My Videos was redesigned because of new users, often you can see posts from new users that MP sucks in My Vids and their first impression of Media Portal is very bad one. So lets keep them interested before they learn more about MP and it's addons. Ofc. it can be usable for small movies collection but for movie fans I recommend Moving Pictures.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country

UPDATE: 1.2b Release Info

Original Post:
    Sorry, the MediaPortal team didn't do a great job at communicating to plugin developers when 1.2 Beta would launch. The best date I had was based on their code freeze blog post in which they said 14 days from April 18th. So I thought we had the weekend to finalize Moving Pictures for MediaPortal 1.2b. We have a 1.2 Beta compatible build ready to go, but we still need to write release notes and package up the build. It's 3:00am here so unfortunately it will have to wait until tomorrow.

Sorry guys, and thanks in advance for your patience.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country

UPDATE: 1.2b Release Info

Original Post:
    I strongly encourage you guys to NOT install the build from the StreamedMP Beta. This is an unsupported Alpha build that was meant for internal testing only. It also does not include some of the newer features in MediaPortal 1.2 like Coverflow View and parameterized loading. Just be patient, we will have a proper 1.2 build shortly.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country

Thanks for clearing that up for me fforde. I have over 3,000 movies and I have to agree with you. "Videos" should NOT be used for large databases. It has been importing since about 15 mins after 1.2b release... and it is not even halfway done yet. I am eagerly awaiting moving pictures!!!!

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country

Okay, new build is ready. This release includes about a dozen bug fixes, support for MediaPortal 1.2 Beta, the CoverFlow Layout and Parameterized Loading. Please keep in mind this has received less testing than usual. I feel good about this release but bugs inevitably crop up from time to time.

DOWNLOAD
    Release Notes

Further changes since original post:

• 1.2.1: Fixed the bug reported below regarding the DefaultWide skin error. Download link is updated with a new build.
    • 1.2.2: Several bug fixes and minor enhancements to integrate with StreamedMP config.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    When I try to enter the plugin from MediaPortal's new default skin, I get the "invalid or missing skin file" message. Is the plugin installing a skin file by default?

Thanks a lot.
    Emph

Users who are viewing this thread