Moving Pictures doesn't automatically import Blu-Ray discs? (1 Viewer)

Jakobkraft

Portal Member
December 4, 2010
I'd been enjoying Moving Pictures a lot, using it to play my DVD and Blu-ray .iso files. And I'd used it for a few physical DVD discs, which showed up automatically in my list of movies after inserting it, since I do have the 'Automatically Import Inserted DVDs' checked.
But today was the first time I inserted a physical Blu-Ray disc and after going to my TV and starting MediaPortal, I saw it wasn't in my list of movies in Moving Pictures.
Then I went back to my pc (with the wife sighing a wifely sigh of technical annoyance) and saw that it was there (see screenshot here: Imageshack - movingpicturesscreensho.jpg).
But it was just sitting there, waiting to be confirmed, which was I guess a good thing since it had matched up the wrong movie info anyway.

But is this normal - does Moving Pictures NOT automatically import inserted Blu-Ray discs, ONLY DVDs?

Since the 'Automatically Import Inserted DVDs' option does specify 'DVDs' I guess this feature does not yet apply to Blu-Ray discs?
Any info would be greatly appreciated -- thanks in advance!

----

Ok - I kind of realized what happened. Because Moving Pictures was not able to retrieve matching info for the movie (which is strange, since Sin City is quite a well-known film) it didn't import the disc. I tried a few lesser-known DVD titles and it also didn't import since it wasn't able to get matching info for the movies.

So is there any way to force Moving Pictures to just import a DVD or Blu-Ray disc, even if the info is not correct? Since I can always correct the info later, I would rather be able to insert movie, then go to my TV, start MediaPortal and know that the disc I inserted will automatically show up in Moving Pictures. Any way to do this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom