Moving Pictures: exclude folder from scan (1 Viewer)

Flavio

Portal Member
May 11, 2019
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hello, is it possible to exclude some folders from the Moving Pictures scan? My movies are organized in separate folders \\Media\movies\movie title\movie title.mkv, also in the movie folder I have a subfolder called 'Extras' that contains all the Extras, I have to exclude these folders from scanning. Can it be done?

Can I manage extras in Mediaportal?

Andrew8312

July 22, 2024
Home Country
Poland Poland
Yes, you can exclude specific folders from the Moving Pictures scan. In your case, go to the Moving Pictures configuration, find the "Importer Settings," and add a folder filter. Set it to exclude any folder named "Extras" to avoid scanning those subfolders.
For managing extras in MediaPortal, you can use plugins like MP-TVSeries or Moving Pictures. These plugins allow you to organize and manage extra content separately from your main movie files. Make sure to check the plugin settings for customization options.

Greetings, Andrew :)

Last edited:

Flavio

Portal Member
May 11, 2019
Home Country
Italy Italy
Thanks for the reply but I can't find any function in the Importer Settings that allows me to add a filter.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the reply but I can't find any function in the Importer Settings that allows me to add a filter.
    Me neither, so will be interested in what @Andrew8312 has to say further! It maybe that he means if you add your "Extras" subfolder as an additional folder to watch then remove it that does remove anything it contained from Moving Pictures but I have no idea it it permanently ignores it. Alternatively would it be possible for you to simply move the "Extras" subfolder to a different unwatched folder?

Flavio

Portal Member
    May 11, 2019
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    .....Alternatively would it be possible for you to simply move the "Extras" subfolder to a different unwatched folder?

My problem is that I would like to switch from Kodi to Mediaportal. In Kodi, putting an Extras folder in the same folder as the movie automatically manages all the extras on the Bluray, so my library is organized in this way. Moving everything would be a very long job (I have more than 2800 movies), plus I would lose the Extras feature in Kodi

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom