Moving Pictures Incompatible with MP? (1 Viewer)

Boiler

Portal Pro
July 29, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
okay, i was working in the config screen of 'moving pictures' to adjust a few movie details and to see if my first backdrop upload would work. so far so good. closed the config screen. started mediaportal and switched to 'moving pictures. everything worked. i realized a movie entry was wrong, so i closed mediaportal and started the config screen again. or so i thought.

there was a big bad message like "the moving pictures plugin-gui is incompatible with this version of mediaportal"

all over a sudden?

here's the error log. neither the mediaportal log nor the moving pictures log show anything wrong

Code:
2008-09-23 14:34:15.718750 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception while loading GUIWindows instances: MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.MovingPicturesGUI
2008-09-23 14:34:15.718750 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
2008-09-23 14:34:15.734375 [ERROR][MPMain]:    at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
   at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.LoadWindowPlugin(String strFile)

any ideas how i wrecked the whole thing?

EDIT: okay, i found out something is wrong with the database. after i deleted it, i can start 'moving pictures' in the config screen again. but.....i really don't want to loose my database, i had to tweak so many movies (especially titles and sort order)

worse, if i don't know what went wrong, this might happen again.

EDIT2: okay, okay, i rescanned my whole database and made a backup before i did any adjustements (yep, i'm capable of learning). i was able to reproduce the error. i have a mini-series in my database (the bbc ivanhoe from 1997). in the movie details screen, it appeared as "Ivanhoe". I removed the " " from the 'title' and 'sort by' fields; and voila, i got the same error when i tried to launch the plugin in mediaportal configuration.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Yeah that looks like a pretty serious bug. I created an issue for it and we will address that as soon as possible. Sorry for the trouble you are having and thanks for taking the time to figure out how to reproduce the issue. You can track progress on this specific issue here.

Boiler

Portal Pro
July 29, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
hey, john. that's no trouble at all. i think it's absolutely incredible what you are doing. not just the plugin itself, but also the time you're willing to spend answering questions etc.

Boiler

Portal Pro
July 29, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
just wanted to give an update since i see that apondman wasn't able to reproduce the bug.
it happens as soon as i manually rename the 'tile' and 'sort by' names. it works woth the first few, then suddenly, the plugin becomes unusable and i have to restore the original database. then everything wirks fine again

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Is it always the same movie that causes it? If so what is the filename(s) of the file(s) attached to the movie?

Boiler

Portal Pro
July 29, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
at first i thought it was the same file. but now, i have serious other troubles which lead me to believe that something fundamental is wrong (with my particular setup, that is not with the plugin itsself as many users seem to have no trouble at all)

i made some tests: renamed a file in the config screen, closed the config, re-started to see if it still worked. it didn't, so i replaced the (now corrupt) database with the backup and it worked again. tried out changing the title and sort oder name of another movie. then the following happened:

if i start the config the watched folder area is empty. the next time it's there again and all entries get doubled. next time it's empty again. restoring the old database didn't work. and right now, i can no longer start the plugin-config at all. the mp-configuration crashes and i have to use the task manager to end it.

MediaPortal -Log

Code:
2008-10-03 18:28:45.031250 [Info.][PathScanner]: SQLiteClient: query returned CORRUPT select title, sortby, directors, writers, actors, year, genres, certification, language, tagline, summary, score, user_score, watched, popularity, runtime, movie_xml_id, imdb_id, alternatecovers, coverfullpath, coverthumbfullpath, backdropfullpath, details_url, id from movie_info where id = 594
2008-10-03 18:28:45.031250 [Info.][PathScanner]: SQLiteClient:  cmd:sqlite3_finalize err:CORRUPT detailed:database disk image is malformed query:select title, sortby, directors, writers, actors, year, genres, certification, language, tagline, summary, score, user_score, watched, popularity, runtime, movie_xml_id, imdb_id, alternatecovers, coverfullpath, coverthumbfullpath, backdropfullpath, details_url, id from movie_info where id = 594
2008-10-03 18:28:45.140625 [Info.][PathScanner]: MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
2008-10-03 18:28:45.203125 [Info.][PathScanner]: Exception   :System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Cornerstone.Database.CustomTypes.RelationList`2.AddIgnoreSisterList(DatabaseTable item)
   at Cornerstone.Database.DatabaseManager.getRelationData(DatabaseTable dbObject, DBRelation relation)
   at Cornerstone.Database.DatabaseManager.getAllRelationData(DatabaseTable dbObject)
   at Cornerstone.Database.DatabaseManager.Get(Type tableType, ICriteria criteria)
   at Cornerstone.Database.DatabaseManager.Get[T](ICriteria criteria)
   at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.LocalMediaManagement.MovieImporter.RemoveOrphanFiles()
   at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.LocalMediaManagement.MovieImporter.ScanAndMonitorPaths()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
2008-10-03 18:28:45.203125 [Info.][PathScanner]: Exception   :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
2008-10-03 18:28:45.203125 [Info.][PathScanner]:   site      :Void AddIgnoreSisterList(Cornerstone.Database.Tables.DatabaseTable)
2008-10-03 18:28:45.203125 [Info.][PathScanner]:   source    :MovingPictures
2008-10-03 18:28:45.203125 [Info.][PathScanner]:   stacktrace:   at Cornerstone.Database.CustomTypes.RelationList`2.AddIgnoreSisterList(DatabaseTable item)
   at Cornerstone.Database.DatabaseManager.getRelationData(DatabaseTable dbObject, DBRelation relation)
   at Cornerstone.Database.DatabaseManager.getAllRelationData(DatabaseTable dbObject)
   at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.LocalMediaManagement.MovieImporter.RemoveOrphanFiles()
   at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.LocalMediaManagement.MovieImporter.ScanAndMonitorPaths()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
2008-10-03 18:29:18.453125 [Info.][MPMain]: Control has invalid animation type
2008-10-03 18:29:20.421875 [Info.][MPMain]: No translation found for id 196742
2008-10-03 18:29:49.718750 [Info.][GenericPCQueue]: * / -1 / POWER / EXIT
2008-10-03 18:29:51.890625 [Info.][GenericPCQueue]: * / -1 / POWER / EXIT
2008-10-03 18:31:32.703125 [Info.][GenericPCQueue]: * / -1 / POWER / EXIT

Error-Log

Code:
2008-10-03 18:28:45.031250 [ERROR][PathScanner]: SQLiteClient: query returned CORRUPT select title, sortby, directors, writers, actors, year, genres, certification, language, tagline, summary, score, user_score, watched, popularity, runtime, movie_xml_id, imdb_id, alternatecovers, coverfullpath, coverthumbfullpath, backdropfullpath, details_url, id from movie_info where id = 594
2008-10-03 18:28:45.031250 [ERROR][PathScanner]: SQLiteClient:  cmd:sqlite3_finalize err:CORRUPT detailed:database disk image is malformed query:select title, sortby, directors, writers, actors, year, genres, certification, language, tagline, summary, score, user_score, watched, popularity, runtime, movie_xml_id, imdb_id, alternatecovers, coverfullpath, coverthumbfullpath, backdropfullpath, details_url, id from movie_info where id = 594
2008-10-03 18:28:45.140625 [ERROR][PathScanner]: MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
2008-10-03 18:28:45.203125 [ERROR][PathScanner]: Exception   :System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Cornerstone.Database.CustomTypes.RelationList`2.AddIgnoreSisterList(DatabaseTable item)
2008-10-03 18:28:45.203125 [ERROR][PathScanner]: Exception   :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
2008-10-03 18:28:45.203125 [ERROR][PathScanner]:   site      :Void AddIgnoreSisterList(Cornerstone.Database.Tables.DatabaseTable)
2008-10-03 18:28:45.203125 [ERROR][PathScanner]:   source    :MovingPictures
2008-10-03 18:28:45.203125 [ERROR][PathScanner]:   stacktrace:   at Cornerstone.Database.CustomTypes.RelationList`2.AddIgnoreSisterList(DatabaseTable item)
2008-10-03 18:29:18.453125 [ERROR][MPMain]: Control has invalid animation type
2008-10-03 18:29:20.421875 [ERROR][MPMain]: No translation found for id 196742

what would be the best way to make a complete uninstall of the plugin? so far the other plugins still work, but i don't want to risk to corrupt everything else too. and i can't seem to bring it to work again, the config just won't start up.
i will install the plugin only on my test-machine for now, but i had the same problem on 2 different machines and 2 different os (and different mp svn as well)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Well the logs imply you have a database that is out of sync. Basically there is information in the database linking a file record to a movie info record that does not actually exist. This situation should be handled much better than this, and I will add some better error handling here for the next version, but really this is the symptom, not the problem.

I am very sorry you are having so much trouble though. I will do some more investigating to see if I can figure out a way to reproduce your issues.

To do a full uninstall, you just need to remove the movingpictures.dll file from your plugins/windows/ folder in your MediaPortal installation. Just follow the readme.txt file, but backwards. You also will probably want to delete your existing database file as well, although this is not really necessary unless you plan to reinstall.

Deleting the DLL should uninstall the plug-in though. :(

EDIT: If anyone else experiences anything similar to this, please speak up.

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    I've stuck a comment in the bugfix tracking log but thought I should put one here too. I'm a "yeah, mee too exactly". As documented here and in the bug log, it's because I have created a very large collection and there are processes that don't end before I try to exit either the configurator or MP. The processes get killed when I try to re-enter the configurator or MP, which eventually corrupts the database.

If someone could send me the alpha or beta code for a potential fix, I'm happy to trash it. My workaround is going to be to be very patient and wait for the processes to die a natural death.

jacc1234

Portal Pro
    April 11, 2008
    I would like to say I am having the same problem. I was working on a audio plugin and switching back and forth from MP and the config and ended up with this error. I removed and reinstalled the plugin but no luck. Where do i find the database file?

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
    March 27, 2008
    I would like to say I am having the same problem. I was working on a audio plugin and switching back and forth from MP and the config and ended up with this error. I removed and reinstalled the plugin but no luck. Where do i find the database file?

The database is in the Team Mediaportal Folder in ProgramData in the same directory thumbs is located in. The problem you referred to has been fixed in the upcoming build;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom